Friday, May 04, 2012

10-4 Good Buddy

Do you know what a blog link up is? To be honest, I really didn't up until a few weeks ago. A little late to this blog party, but better late than never. I have been a bit OCD about them ever since I found out. Because well it is a great way to meet a lot of fun, inspiring, creative, people in blog land. Therefore, I have decided to try this new one where you get asked 10 questions and post those questions on the fourth of every month. Hence, the 10-4 Good Buddy. I really like a lot this blog link up for several reasons.

1.The first reason this button caught my eye(besides the fact that the lil boy in the picture is so adorable)is because "10-4 Good Buddy" is a phrase we say around here when telling people the date of our son Solomon's birthday. October 4th... 10/4.

B. Because I love asking people questions. My mom used to always say that I could have been a news reporter with how many questions I would ask when her friends came over. Seriously, sometimes I make myself nervous with how many questions I have drilled people with when they are just over for a casual visit.
4. The button for this is ADORABLE!
C. And finally because I love meeting new people. Not just meeting them but getting to know them.
So I hope you will join in on this fun friday blog hop. *Yes, and I can count... I learned from my friend;Shontell. If you haven't found her yet, you are missing out.
1. What is one quirky thing about you? I can stick my tongue to my nose, and no I won't show you. Someday though when I am an old lady I am going to do this and have my kids take a picture. Then I will send said photo to Hallmark for a new card that will read, "Chicks Kick Ass." It will then make millions for my Fab 4 and my job here on planet earth will be done.
2. What does your perfect date look like? {Not the person...the activity} My perfect date would be a packed picnic on a sunny day. Cheese, Olives, Salami, Fresh Bread, and Wine. Take this basket of goodness to a concert, maybe like Bon Iver, or Ray LaMontague, or where there would be some good people watching going on. I love me some good people watching. Yep, perfect.
3. What is your favorite picture from last month {April}? Snoqualmie Falls, WA.

Torture that was complete torture having to pick only one.
4. What are your top 3 favorite TV shows? I Love Lucy, Laverne and Shirley, and The Cosby Show.
5. What is your favorite outdoor activity? Walking.
6. What is the last movie you saw? We Bought A Zoo.
7. Look up from your computer right now. What is the first thing you saw? My son Isaiah asking if we can go to the store and then he is listing all the reasons we should go to the store. He wants to buy a watermelon :)
8. What area in your life are you working on improving right now? Getting rid of crap. Spring cleaning.
9. What is your favorite post that you wrote last month?On Being An Auntie
10. What would be your dream job? To be children's storybook writer that employs all my artist friends.
If you are reading this from the blog hop hello, I will follow you back and read your answers.
If you are reading this and you're not from the blog hop, I want to know the answers to those questions up there. PLEASE?? I said PLEASE! Pretty Please with and olive on top?

21 comments:

danise jurado said...

Hey Noel... even though you asked with an olive on top (and I don't like olives) ha... here is my list:
1. quirky: i LOVE febreeze! Like i mean i really like it! and I love to eat from bright colored dishes:)
2.perfect date: as long as the beach and ocean are involved, I'm good.
3. Picture: my daughter and I went to a women's brunch together, i love our pic from that :)
4. TV: Bigger loser, How i met your mother and I have to admit I am a huge I love Lucy fan too!
5. outdoors: hiking or laying by the pool :)
6. movie: last night we watched "On Time" with Justin Timberlake good flick
7. look up: out my window to the scenic view of my 2 acre ranch in California :)
8. improvement: my health and fitness, lost 25 pounds since January. I love working out!
9. favorite post: probably "When Life Make You Question, God has the Answers"
10. Dream job: Write, speak and teach to encourage women to reach their complete God given potential in life.
that was fun... i think i will link up next time :)

No(dot dot)el said...

Danise- you are awesome! Seriously this is so great.
I would have said please with a cherry but I prefer olives! Febreeze is a must in our house with 3 dogs. On Time- when I woke the next day after watching that I was so grateful for my time. BRAVO on the weight loss. I need to do the same and lose about 30. I will go check out your favorite post. And thank you so much for playing along.

Esther said...

i would buy that hallmark card! hehe

visiting from the link up :) !

No(dot dot)el said...

Ahh, thanks Esther. Off to go check out your list now.

LeiShell said...

I love your bubbly writing! Thanks for visiting my blog. I decided to follow back since we seem to have some commonalities!

BumbersBumblings said...

Love this!! Thanks so much for your comments! Loved your 10-4! Look forward to coming back by when I'm not on my iPhone and can see more than 2" of your blog ;)

SomethingaboutSofia said...

Great post! Thats funny about your son wanting the melon :3 I finally put up the follow button on my blog! :D

No(dot dot)el said...

Thanks LeiShell for the follow back.
@Bumbers- ha ha , I hear ya. The blog app is a lil hard on the eyes.
Sophia- I will head over there now to follow back.

amoryg said...

Hi! Here from Abby's link up! I love that your son was asking to go to the store to buy a watermelon. :) It is the season! Well, almost.

abby said...

Umm...people watching is one of my absolute favorite things to do...especially at a concert. You're a girl after my own heart!

Thanks for linking up!

abby said...

Umm...people watching is one of my absolute favorite things to do...especially at a concert. You're a girl after my own heart!

Thanks for linking up!

No(dot dot)el said...

@Irishtwins-We bought a small one last night at the grocery store. Getting ready to enjoy it with lunch today.
@Abby- I seriously love airports for this reason. Such good people watching there. Or Pier 39 in SF. Or... a busy mall, park, the possibilities are endless.

Shelley Marea Vaughan Harris said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hopped over here to yours and really enjoyed reading your 10-4 Good Buddy! I think I'll join in that fun next month! Looking forward to checking back in with you!
Blessings!

Erin said...

You weren't kidding when you said that the little guy on the button is ADORABLE! Thanks for clearing up the 'Link up' thingy for me. I have been wondering myself :)

Tranae said...

Hey. I love linky parties too. Great way to meet other bloggers. My #7 was my dog. She has no sense of personal space. :-)

Julie Marie said...

yes the boy on the link is adorably adorable=) im so glad you found me in the blog world. i LOVE your style and your blog. off the venture through a few more posts =)

Stefanie's Blissful Happiness said...

I love this, and I am excited to give it a try! I'm following you back!

Stefanie

Anonymous said...

Fellow people watcher and Laverne And Shirley fan here. Enjoying your blog!

No(dot dot)el said...

@Shelley you really should. It' has been a really fun way to get to know these other lovely bloggers.
@Erin- he really is. You are welcome. Now if I could just figure out how to make a button for myself I will really be in the KNOW ;) wink wink!
@Julie- thanks I feel the same about you.
@Stefanie thanks for the follow back.
@Wendy as far as I'm concerned there really hasn't been another female team quite like Lucy and Ethell and Laverne and Shirley.

Unknown said...

a picnic sounds divine!!! I'll have to remember that one.

Love your blog!! Can't wait to read more.

blessings.
Jac E

No(dot dot)el said...

@Jac E thank you for stopping by.

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx