Friday, May 04, 2012

Insta Friday

The weeks are flying by, and as far as I'm concerned they can just keep on flying until the beautiful day when Summer hits and I no longer have to get up at the butt-crack-o-dawn to get my kiddos out the door for school.
Until then, I will be busy.
I have been busy.
I am ready for some not so busy.
My brother Greg and girlfriend Tanya arrived late last Wednesday night. We took them here;Woodinville Whiskey Company, not right away of course,what do you think we are a bunch of lushes? That's what the above pic is of from. That was one of the days they were here, I'm not exactly sure which day. It's all kind of blur right now. And no, I am not a lush. Quit judging me. Thursday they headed out the door for an outing to Victoria Island.
It gave me a day to regroup and check the mail. YOU didn't send me any sweet love notes, but my friend Tasha did. Tasha if you are reading this, I LOVE YOU, THANK YOU for my sunflower, and for your sweet love note. I love getting notes in the mail. I love sending notes in the mail. I am trying very hard to keep the post office in business. You should too. There is nothing, and there never will be anything, that can compare to the written word IN YOUR HANDS. Sorry, I'll get off the soap box now.
And then of course we went to "The Market". It's not referred to as Pikes Market, Oh no. It's "The Market". So says my buddy Johnny V. and so say we all! I never tire of the smells, the people watching, and the turkish delight all found at "The Market"
It was about this time that I was moving at a snails pace. Seriously, after a month of back to back visits I was moving kinda slow. Something I feel you should know by now about me is that I have two speeds; SLOW and SLOWER. I was moving SLOWER.
And then they went home.
I was sad.
My Giant had to go out of town for work.
I was sadder.
But then me and the Fab 4 brought out some Kettle Corn. We watched the movie We Bought A Zoo, definitely going in the DVD library for keeps. It was so good. Really if you haven't seen it put it on your to do list for this weekend.
Oh, and but then April Showers turned into May flowers and I was happy again.
Happy Friday everyone. I have a whole lotta "nuttin' honey" planned for this weekend.
What about you? What is in your Franklin planner for the weekend. LOL. Who remembers Franklin Planners? life rearranged

8 comments:

JoKnows said...

Visiting from Insta Friday. I enjoyed reading your blog today. I am now following. I too am a fan of snail mail, although I mostly get bills. :( I'm glad to know that the zoo movie is good. Something new to watch with the kidlets!

No(dot dot)el said...

Thanks Jo. I will wander over to your space now. Snail mail is the way to go! Yes, zoo movie your kidlets will love it. WE sure did.

Big Apple Mami said...

looks like a pretty good week! I've always wanted to go to Seattle!! xoxo

No(dot dot)el said...

Kristina it really is a great city. Especially for kids. There is so much to do. Pacific Science Center for the kiddos is the bomb diggity. And "the market" is a shoppers dream come true.

carissa said...

i'm loving that mailbox shot! what a good eye. you are adorable.

Unknown said...

I'm following you back! I am the only person left on earth who is not part of Instagram...but I need to go sign up!

Julie Marie said...

you are so cute. and witty. i love the sassy sarcastic girl blogs. haha=) no seriously, i do...

No(dot dot)el said...

@Carissa-thanks I immediately regretted not moving my car before taking it though. And ... it was an early morning on my walk... not primped and ready to go shot too so ya know all the things I would change if I do a DO over!
@Tonia- I know how you feel. I feel like I'm the only person on the planet who is just now finding out about these blog buttons, and I have been blogging since 2005. Sheesh! Took me a while to catch on, but I am having some fun with it now. IF you do get insta-gram you will quickly see why it's all the buzz.
@Julie- ahh aren't you just the sweetest, checks in the mail.

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx