Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Dandelions the Flower (not a weed) that keeps on giving

A few weeks back I posted a blog here; My favorite flower it's about how Isaiah thinks my favorite flower is a dandelion. It's really a sunflower. I have since stumbled upon several other dandelion post. The most useful one was found on a Homesteading website. You have got to read this post. It's has recipes for Dandelion Jelly, Greens, and even Wine. I want to try them all. It also tells you all the nutritional values that Dandelions possess. It's titled ;8 ways to eat and enjoy Dandelions.
Well, and then the boys on Saturday decided to cover our table with Dandelions and when I posted it on Instagram people went nutts. So I thought I would share it here. Needless to say, another post about Dandelions was a calling out to me and here you have it. Short and sweet. Some might say, Just like me.

I'm off to pick me some dandelions for dinner... hee hee hee wait til my Fab 4 sit down to eat tonight. Can't hardly wait to hear their reactions!

9 comments:

Debi said...

Haha!! that's awesome he thinks it's your favorite flower. It's kinda like a baby sunflower! :) I'll have to look at that post! I've been reading lots of crazy things about flowers you can eat. so crazy. and Wine? I wanna try dandelion wine!

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Wow! Thats alot of flower! So pretty :)

Alicia Seeley said...

Very pretty!!!! Newest follower visiting from the blog hop!!!

Erika said...

thank you for the visit.Following back!:)

Unknown said...

Hello from the blog hop! Thanks for visiting my corner of the internet, I'm returning the favor.

My kids love dandelions too. They go around the neighborhood asking if they can pick other's dandelions. For what, you ask? They use them to "paint" rocks yellow. And it really works. It's incredible that something we so easily think of as weeds is really edible. Facinating!

Jeni said...

I swear that I mentioned that dandelions are tasty! :) I'm curious to hear about the dandelion wine...

Clairity said...

Very pretty, I always thought they were white but yellow is even better.

Thanks for the follow, following you back :)

No(dot dot)el said...

@ Jeni you totally did and @ Debi I know the wine is a for sure future recipe I'm going to attempt. And I figured anything deep fried is going to be good right?

@Shatzi- I bet they work great for painting rocks yellow :)

Erin said...

That is too funny!

My favorite flower is a sunflower, too! Both of my boys used to think that the dandelions were sunflower also.

My youngest son has recently begun calling them DAMlions. I'm so proud of him for busting out with that one for the first time in public . . . all I can do is shake my head at that kid :)

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx