Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Oh Happy Day Its May

"Ah! my heart is weary waiting,
Waiting for the May,-
Waiting for the pleasant rambles
Where the fragrant hawthorn-brambles,
With the woodbine alternating,
Scent the dewy way.
Ah! my heart is weary waiting,
Waiting for the May."


"Ah! my heart is sick with longing,
Longing for the May-
Longing to escape from study,
To the young face fair and ruddy,
And the thousand charms belonging
To the summer's day.
Ah! my heart is sick with longing.
Longing for the May."



"Ah! my heart is sore with sighing,
Sighing for the May,-
Sighing for their sure returning,
When the summer beams are burning,
Hopes and flowers that, dead and dying,
All the winter lay.
Ah! my heart is sore with sighing,
Sighing for the May."


"Ah! my heart is pained with throbbing,
Throbbing for the May-
Throbbing for the seaside billows,
Or the water-wooing willows;
Where, in laughing and in sobbing,
Glide the streams away.
Ah! my heart, my heart is throbbing.
Throbbing for the May."


"Waiting sad, dejected, weary,
Waiting for the May:
Spring goes by with wasted warnings,-
Moonlit evenings, sunbright mornings,-
Summer comes, yet dark and dreary
Life still ebbs away;
Man is ever weary, weary,
Waiting for the May!"
~Denis Florence Mac-Carthy~



I really love the month of May.
May means the month my two beautiful girls were born, Emma and Chloe.
It is the month that my beloved friend Andre was born.
It celebrates the three beautiful Mom's I have in my life.
Our sweet Auntie Eileen's birthday is in May, and it is also the month that my beautiful niece Kayalanne was born.
But it also means the flowers around our property will soon be exploding with colors of pink, purple,fuschia, and peach. The weather gets warmer. The sun starts peeking its head out from behind the clouds. And here in Seattle we get to see what all the moisture was accomplishing.

It is truly a beautiful, happy time of year for me. I'm beginning to think that Spring might become my new favorite season, because Spring in Washington is unprecedented. I'm not committing to this being my favorite season because I know, and you know that if you come around here as the leaves are turning color and the smell of spicy pumpkin is in the air, I will be singing Fall's praises instead.

I'm wondering do you have a favorite season? If so what is it and why?
I'm also wondering that maybe as you age you begin to value each season as it comes and goes, knowing that life is but a breath. The older I get the quicker the time goes by, and the more I appreciate each passing moment. The more I'm realizing the appreciating each season as it comes and goes is what life is all about.

13 comments:

Jenny said...

What a beautiful poem and lovely pictures! Thanks for your nice comment...I am now following back :)
Modern Modest Beauty

No(dot dot)el said...

Thanks Jenny-

Jen @ frazzled 5 said...

Glad to have found your blog thru May Day!! Super excited to be your newest follower!!
Hugs,
Jen @ f5

deb said...

Gorgeous poem and photos! Thanks for sharing. Found you thru may day
*hugs*deb

No(dot dot)el said...

@f5 thanks .
@deb I'm off to find your blog now.

Katharine said...

Hi! I just dropped by from Follow Wednesday :) Have a nice day :)

Elizabeth @ Love Is the Adventure said...

I'm like you. I love spring when it's spring and fall when it's fall. Honestly, though, I love it all. Except winter. Winter can suck it. ;)

No(dot dot)el said...

Well hello Katharine. Thanks you have a nice day too.
And Elizabeth- totally agreed. Winter can suck it big time!

Big Apple Mami said...

those flowers are so beautiful!! Saying hi from May follower fest...would love to have you stop by my little corner sometime!

xo,
Kristina
citycorporatetosuburbmama.com

Lish @ Imprintalish said...

Great photos, May really is a wonderful time of year, the start of many beautiful warm months here in Canada! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!!

No(dot dot)el said...

@ Life w/Twins,Kristina, and Lish thanks for linking up.

shontell said...

I thought I did. I love fall. Oh how I love fall. But spring around Idaho really is a beaut. The allergies on the other hand, I could send in a box to Toledo. I find myself even looking forward to summer now that we found a little man made beach nearby and we no longer live on the border of Hell and Las Vegas.

No(dot dot)el said...

@Shontelly- I hear ya about the allergies. They are fierce around these parts too. Ha, about summer. So true. Summer even in N. NV was always bitter sweet because just when it would get warm... BAM it went straight to really HOT! At least we didn't have to deal with humidity.

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx