Wednesday, May 02, 2012

LOVE

"Most of all, Let LOVE guide your life" Colossians 3:14 Last night the news here in Seattle was covered with violent demonstrators that littered the streets for the "May Day" occupy protest. To me it seemed they were just filled with the energy of being "active" but for what? They were active alright! But their activism was just plain ole silly stupid active. It was just your average run of the muck active. Not one person on the news last night who was quoted as being a protester or and activist had anything intelligent to say. The only people making sense were the victims who said, "This just doesn't make sense, now we will all be late for our jobs tomorrow, have to close up shops that provide jobs, and have to clean up this mess."
I'm all for making a stand, speaking up, and speaking out, but first of all if you are going to the streets with a message you want the world to listen to, then know what it is you want the world to hear. All I heard and saw yesterday was violence. And violence never accomplishes anything.
So today I read these simple, but very true words and it made me think and pause. "Most of all, Let LOVE guide your life" Colossians 3:14 SELAH
The word SELAH means to pause and think about that, or meditate on this. So that's what I'm doing. Stopping here today. Simple. True. And what the world needs now. LOVE sweet LOVE.

14 comments:

Kelly said...

Hey girl! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!! I am just visiting you back and I am your newest follower. I have a feeling we are going to have A LOT in common! SOOO happy to meet you!!!!!!!!

Kelly said...

I hope you don't mind i totally tweeted your blog site!! Seriously LOVE your blog!

Danise Jurado said...

Great post! What a wonderful scripture to ponder... "Let LOVE guide your life"... There really isn't any greater cause than that, is there? thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog... I am following you on twitter now too! Blessings

Danise Jurado said...

So... I went to follow you on twitter... and I didn't find you. Are you on twitter?

No(dot dot)el said...

@Kelly hey you are so welcome, and happy to meet you as well. And of course I don't mind if you tweet my post. That's a first!
@Danise it's really true no greater cause that I can think of. One that is a challenge everyday to live by for sure. Yes on twitter I think I'm @NoelScofield ? But let me know if not. Thanks for taking the time to drop by.

Vivian said...

Thank you!Thanks fr following me! I am following you from the Blog Hop!

No(dot dot)el said...

Hi Vivian- and thank you! SO fun meeting new blogger friends.

SomethingaboutSofia said...

Amazing post!! The photos are really pretty!! I'm your newest follower!! :D
http://somethingaboutsophia.blogspot.com/ <---- my blog!

Unknown said...

Thanks for linking up with Truth Filled Thursday!

No(dot dot)el said...

thank you sophia.
and thanks for hosting the link brittany.

amoryg said...

I feel the same way. It was all over the Bay Area in CA. What a great way to waste more money ... Tax payers money and put our states (well at least mine) in more debt. If they really feel passionate about what they say they are standing up for, it should be done with love... Or at least respect.

No(dot dot)el said...

@irishtwins- yeah it's gotta be really frustrating for the people who would really like to get a msg out there, to be over taken by just an angry, ignorant mob.

Julie Marie said...

sooo good. and so true.. let love Guide your life. words to live by, for sure. i guess God knows what he's talking about huh? too bad, people dont know what God's talking about.

No(dot dot)el said...

@Julie- He really does. And yep, We really don't get it.

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx