Monday, May 14, 2012

Exodus 33:22

I took this picture last week on one of my walks. I was walking along a new path, "Doot doo doo"(that's the lil jingle I sing inside my head when I'm just going about my business), but then suddenly I saw it.


Growth inside of a big huge rock. Not just any growth, but pretty growth. It immediately made me think of the scripture Exodus 33:22. Well, I didn't think of the actual place you can find it, because I am no bible scholar or anything but I thought of these words found there;

" And while my glory passes by, I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by."


When I got home from walking I looked up those words and then all week I have been hanging out in Chapter 33 of Exodus.

This picture has now become one of my all time favorites because I like the idea of us being like that small fragile flower, and God like those huge, strong rocks.
I like knowing that God will cover me. Every day and in every situation he covers me.

I also like this scripture because it speaks of the awe-struck wonder that I have for the God I serve. Last week I asked if you could only use 3 words to describe God's character what would those words be? I really enjoyed reading each and every answer because for the rest of my life and yours too, I will never stop being in awe of God. I can't put Him in a box. I can't completely figure him out. This scripture reminds me of mighty, strong, glory infused God that calls me friend.

It reminds me that where I am weak, He is strong.
He covers me.
It speaks to me that there will be a lot in life I don't understand, He gives wisdom. He likes to give a lot of wisdom. I like being wise, not in my own eyes, but truly wise from His wisdom.
(James 1)
He covers me.
It tells a story of the creative genius that my God is, and that I get to share in the genius.
He covers me.
It once again relieves me that when I ask God for something he is faithful and true to answer me.
He covers me.

5 comments:

Sarah {the fontenot four} said...

What a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing on my link up!

No(dot dot)el said...

Thank you Sarah. Your link up is one of my favorites, so thanks for hosting it. Hope you had a great Mothers Day.

ms.composure said...

thanks for following my blog! hope you stop by again sometime soon! following you now via email!!


http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

No(dot dot)el said...

@ms. composure Oh don't you worry I will be back :)

lalaa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx