Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Letters To My Pets AND My First Link UP Blog Party!! (Woot Woot)

I am BEYOND excited about this here event on my little blog. As this here place is getting closer to it's 6th year anniversary(yes I have been blogging for 6 years, and yes you should go check out older post if for no other reason than that you will get a good laugh) I am trying to spruce up the place. Have you noticed my faithful readers?

One of the things I have recently stumbled upon are blog buttons, link ups, parties. I love me some parties, don't cha know!
Well, I have had this idea for a link up for quite some time(two weeks) but I am SO NOT TECHY and I couldn't figure out how to make it happen. And then I stumbled upon this here link; Between Naps On The Porch. I love this blogger. IF I could kiss her I would! For reals. She gives the best tutorial out there on pretty much everything. Check her spot out if you haven't already.
That was a sidenote for free. You are welcome.
Back to my EXCITING event here, so I figured out how to make a blog button and then went straight on to my idea for a link up blog party. Because buttons are fun but parties are better, don't you agree?
SO HERE IT IS... DRUM ROLL PLEASE....

I am a HUGE dog lover. The fact that I live in an 800 sq ft cabin with 7 people soon to be 8, and I share this tiny space with 3, four leggeds should be enough said. It is also a topic for another day...

And I hope it is not the reason you think that I am a crazy lady. Trust me, I have many other reasons why you should think I'm a crazy lady, having 3 dogs is not one of them, because I do have 5 acres of property that my dogs can frolick and play on, so sit tight there you judger YOU!

If you totally get why I would share such a lil space with these three beauties, then this blog party is for you.




Basically- Here's the deali-O, if you are an animal lover that would just like to voice some thoughts to your pets even though we all know that they can't read, and even though your friends might think it silly(but not these friends)then Grab the code from the little box that is under a picture with Barley Bambino Boo. Copy the code and paste in your post and write a "Letter To Your Pet." The box will appear in your post and you will be linked back here to meet other animal lovers. I'm thinking I will do this link up once a month, what do you think? That gives you enough time to write your next letter.



Grab a Button, Share some love and encouragement to other pet owners, and the most important rule of this link up, HAVE FUN!

Oh right, here's MY letter this month to MY pets;

Dear Barley, Bella, and Briot(aka Riot, aka Darkness)-

I am so proud of all three of you.
Lately you have all been playing nicely.
NOT running away, and NOT getting into the trash.
Caesar would be proud of you as well.
That being said, I would really like to break you all of the habit of climbing up on the furniture when we are not looking.
I know you like the warm spot that or butts provide, but you have your own dog bed on the floor and we have even placed it by a heater on cooler days.
Could we please work on this?
I really don't like to have to put chairs or baskets on the spots, EVERY single time I get up, but I will if that is what is necessary.

Lovingly and with Discipline,
Your Owner, Master, and Top Dog
Noel


For more ideas you can find my previous letters to my dogs here; Letters To Pets.

Noel's Beautiful Life











Don't forget to enter your link below.

16 comments:

N. Rose said...

you are the TOTAL top dog! I love it!

No(dot dot)el said...

Thee hee hee.

Christina said...

Christina here from "The World According to Lexi" and "Deaf Dogs Rock" to say your blog is adorable. I love your photos. Also on the blog hop you should join us with Life With Dogs, Two Little Cavaliers and Confessions of Plume. These three are our Saturday Pet Bloggers Blog Hop hosts and what you do is at 12Midnight on Friday you go to Life with Dogs (1st) and link up to their hop. If Neil with Life with Dogs is out of town then Felicia with Two Little Cavaliers will put the link up and you will just go there and link up. You do have to sit and wait for the right post to come up with that Saturday's date (to make sure you don't get on the wrong blog hop from the week before). You will need to add the Saturday Blog Hop link to your site but you will be in the company of about 100 other pet bloggers. I hope this helps. Here is last weeks link so you can see what I am talking about.http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2012/05/music-to-jacks-ears/

No(dot dot)el said...

Thanks for the tip Christina. I will check that out. And thanks for linking up.

amoryg said...

I'm a dog lover too!! Have a black lab too! I will join along and will try and grab the logo thingy. Thanks for hosting!

No(dot dot)el said...

@irishtwinsmomma- I look forward to reading your letter, and thank YOU for linking up.

Berts Blog said...

What a fun blog site. We are going to be your very next new follower. It is kinda like stalking but really we are just interested in your sense of humor and we like your dogs.

So see ya soon

Bert

Across the Avenue said...

Found you on the blog hop! Fun blog. :D Stop by and follow back when you have a minute or two!
http://sassyshopperreviews.blogspot.com/

No(dot dot)el said...

@ Bert thank you so very much. I will follow you back :) I'm not so worried about stalking. My Giant will tell you I'm a reformed stalker.

Amanda said...

How stinkin' sweet is that? I knew we were going to hit it off. I'm a HUGE animal lover (I worked in veterinary medicine for 12+ years) ans I've blogged a lot about my fur babies!!!

I had to put my 14 year old lab to sleep last November, it was SO hard...I still haven't blogged a tribute post for her... :(

No(dot dot)el said...

Ohhh, Amanda I'm SO Sorry. Internet HUGS. Truly that makes me so sad. I will be sure to have a box of kleenex ready if you do decide to pay tribute.

Erin said...

6 years?! Holy Moly! You crack me up with your letter to the dogs, too bad they can't read :(

Peggy Frezon said...

That's sweet that you write letters to your dogs. I love the variety of your furry friends, so much personality there I bet! We have 2 rescue dogs: cocker spaniel/long haired dachshund mix, and a Golden Retriever.

No(dot dot)el said...

@ Erin, I know it's been a long long time. What's even more crazy is that people have been reading my lil world here for that long too.
@Peggy- I love cocker spaniels. I used to have one in Jr. High and High School named Jubal. Loved him. They are very sweet dogs.
Thanks for stopping by ladies.

JoKnows said...

This is so sweet. If I were to write a letter to my little rescue dog, Jolene, I would not be able to say she is staying out of the garbage, unfortunately. Rather, we hide the garbage. And she barks like a MANIAC at other dogs. And steals food off the table. We also gave up and let her sit on the couch. Oh, Jolene! Good thing she is adorable.

No(dot dot)el said...

@Joknows- Rut roh! I do believe you should link up and write Jolene a letter. It will be good for you, and we want to read it too. PLEASE!

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx