Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Greatest Gift

There are so many things I am thankful for this week.


I'm thankful for my daughter Emma who turned 14 this week.



I'm thankful for this city where I live.


I am beyond thankful for my date with My Giant last Friday night.

For me it's really easy to be thankful. My list could go on and on. I have 4 healthy children, My sister is coming to visit me tomorrow(WOOT WOOT!), I am currently enjoying a piece of Theo's Coconut Curry Chocolate with white wine, while typing on my Maccy Laptop, from my cozy comfy cabin in the woods.
There is nothing that I want.
There is nothing that I need.


But when I stop and think of all the other people who walk this planet who don't have health, who are hungry, who don't have homes, or family to come and visit them, I am reminded that all that I have been given, has been given to be shared.

All the love I have in my heart, is to be shared.
All the hope that exudes from my being because I know my Creator, is to be shared.
All the faith that I have that my future will be good no matter the outcome, is to be shared
So my prayer dear beloved reader is not to brag about all the things I have to be thankful for with this list, but to share with you that the REASON I am thankful is because I have been given the greatest gift


And it's not where I live.
It's not how many children I have.
It's not who I am married to. 
No, the greatest gift is this;John 3:16


Don't you roll your eyes. 
Don't you start ignoring the rest of this post because you already know what lies ahead.
Don't you dare.


Do you know dear beloved reader that you are loved?
I pray that if you don't you would look at the words that come from the best-selling book in all the world that say, "For God SO loved the world(that's you) that he gave."


There's a gift in that sentence.
There's a treasure in those words. 
Don't miss out on it because you have heard it before.
Listen again.




He didn't take.
He didn't ask for something.
He didn't tell you how to dress.
He didn't say don't talk like that.
He didn't say you have to look like this.
He didn't require anything from you.
All of those things are what man has done to require payment for this free gift.


You see my salvation from being 
ungrateful
discontent
and constantly looking for the next thing I can brag about to make my life look grand is this gift.


So I leave you with this quote, from one of my favorite movies;Moulin Rouge
"The greatest lesson you will ever learn is love and be loved in return."




He SO loves you that HE gave. 
Can you be loved in return?






The Fontenot Four

div align="center">ThankfulThursday

a punk, a pumpkin and a peanut
Thankful Thursdays Button
Elf House Chronicles




18 comments:

Cami said...

Oh goodness. What a wonderful post.
First, happy birthday to your beautiful one!

I love your thankful heart - it is absolutely gorgeous :)

God is SO good - all of the time. He never ceases to amaze me.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful, thankful heart. AND for linking up to First Day of My Life's Thankful Thursday <3

No(dot dot)el said...

Cami- you are a gem. Our bantering back and forth tonight has really made me giggle. Thank YOU for hosting the link up and for being YOU :) have a great evening.

amoryg said...

Beautiful post!!! And what a special message. What a special gift. One that is so easy to obtain. God is great!!!!

No(dot dot)el said...

Thank you A$- AND YES He really is ALL the time so good, so great! ha, ha that reminds me of the children's song, "my God is so great, so strong and so mighty there's nothing my God cannot do, FOR YOU!"

Sarah {the fontenot four} said...

This is a beautiful post! Thank you so much for sharing and for linking up with me!

No(dot dot)el said...

Thank YOU Sarah for hosting the link up and for always being so helpful behind the scenes with me. You are a gift as well ;)

Jeni said...

This was a fabulous post. Thank you for sharing your joyful heart. I am thankful for your friendship encouragement and cheerful outlook. When I read your posts, it brightens my day.

No(dot dot)el said...

Ahh Jeni, thank you for taking the time to read and for being such a good friend. I'm gonna go check and see if you have posted anything new.

Allison said...

Wow! You have a beautiful spirit...I love that you focus on being thankful because the Lord is your Savior, and that we can be thanful no matter what because we have Him.
Happy Birthday to your daughter...I know it will be a blessed one!
I'm your newest follower-)
-Allison
sweatpantshighheels.blogspot.com

Erin said...

That is just beautiful! Thanks for a nice way to start my day :) Love happpy thoughts!

Jillian Carreira said...

This is a lovely post that gives you a lot to think about and to be grateful for. I am always thankful for my family, my faith and my ability to love. Thanks and have a good day.

momto8 said...

love your perspective! life is so much sweeter if we just stop to count our blessings...

shontell said...

I just have to say, and I quote, " WHY!! WHY WOULD SHE DO THIS!!?" That's my impersonation of Sam being offended at your chocolate choice. AHAHAHAHA I am so glad you found a man named Theo to have and to hold. For better or for worse. No matter what Samuel thinks. I am thankful for you.the end.

No(dot dot)el said...

Allison,Erin, Jillian, and Annemarie Thank YOU!
Shontelly- Bah ha ha, I almost put a lil snip it in there just for him, like (I know this is not something Sam I Am would be thankful for) but I didn't.
Love you too my awesome Queenie!

Cami said...

I enjoyed our bantering, too!! <3

Anonymous said...

Love this :) I am so grateful for His love, too! .. Thanks for stopping by & following..I'm your newest follower here, too!

N. Rose said...

you make the world much more beautiful, you know.

Julie Marie said...

so beautiful... and sooo true.. i loved that you said "dont roll your eyes, dont you dare ignore the rest"...
so powerful girl...

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx