Tuesday, January 10, 2012

One Less Lonely Girl


I realize that at this point I might actually lose those new followers(heck, I might even lose some friends on this one) that I so shamelessly begged to come follow my blog, but at the risk of not being authentic ... I'm going to go ahead and take my chances, because this is a portion of what I was thinking about today.

How many of you are Justin Bieber fans?

Well I am probably one of the only moms in America, who has teenage and pre teen daughters that are NOT his fans!
My girls room is NOT covered with his posters. I do NOT hear his songs over and over and over again. In fact, I do NOT even know any of his songs except ones that have been played, and announced on the radio as his songs.

My Girls, they used to completely detest him. I am not sure why. I think they take after their dad in that way in that they just want to be different. If I even tried to turn the radio up when he was on my whole clan would break out in an uproar and not the good kind. So strange my Fab 4.??
Honestly, it used to be kind of fun for me to tease them about this. A way to get a rise out of all of them.


But as for me and my ...(not house) just me I am a fan, and I'll tell ya why.
You want to know why don't you?
Well, I read some article about his life story and heard him on an interview, and then I was completely blown away by his kind heart. I became a fan. Not a cra cray Bieber fan, but a fan none the less.

I would say that his music to me is catchy for sure, and his voice is at least tolerable(which is more than what I would say of Miley Cyrus voice... who the girls did like at one point, glad that phase is over) but that's not really what I like about him. I like him because of his life story, because it's a good one. I think it's amazing truly that he didn't have a single,solitary, person in the business that knew him and gave him his start. I appreciate that he started out singing church music.
And I love how he is constantly encouraging others to pursue their dreams.

Today I finally got to watch his movie. I wanted to go watch it in theaters when it first came out. I wanted to go with my girls so as not to look like the crazy old lady, but that wasn't going to happen. So today I got to watch the movie finally on netflix, and that's what inspired this post.

First I have to say that lil boy can drum.
What a precious little boy.
Now I suppose he would be better described as a man-child.
Seriously, how can anyone not recognize that pure talent?
But what I really wanted to talk about was this;

There is a song he sings I guess at every concert, called One Less Lonely Girl.
When he sings this song his people go into the audience and they choose one girl to come on stage and be serenaded by him,
and he gives them roses,
and they are weeping,
and shaking,
and the hysteria is nauseating... but you can see the power behind these words.

Here are some of the lyrics that stood out to me:

"I'm coming for you, I'm gonna put you first
I'm coming for you, I'll show you what you're worth
That's what I'm gonna do, if you let me inside your world
There's gonna be one less lonely girl

I can fix up your broken heart
I can give you a brand new start
I can make you believe, yeah
I just wanna set one girl free to fall, free to fall
She's free to fall, fall in love with me "


These words and this song are so powerful not because of the "Bieber Fever" or because the girls are on that stage in front of millions,(although I do think this contributes), they are not even made more powerful because they come with a dozen roses handed to the girl by Bieber himself. No, I believe with all my heart, they are powerful words because that is the Heart of God for each and everyone of his children.

If the Father God could sing to us His children that's what he would say.

**I would like to point out at this point that some of you would not appreciate being called a girl, but I am sure God knows that and therefore wouldn't refer to you as such.

He would say to us, I want to make you one less lonely boy or girl.
I want to show you what you are worth.
I can fix your broken heart, give you a brand new start.
It's what we all want to hear.
It's what we all long for.

Sorry to those of you that are true blue fans, even if you are the future Mrs. Bieber not even that would come close to what it is that your Creator could offer you.

Those lyrics were born from these words from your Creator:

"For GOD, so loved the world
That he GAVE his one and only Son.
That who ever would believe in him
Would not perish but have everlasting LIFE." John 3:16

If you haven't heard the song give it a listen, or don't if you share the same sentiment as My Emmers.

But know this YOU ARE LOVED!
You are never truly ALONE.
And I am done being cheesy now.

Do you like how I just talked about Justin Bieber and mentioned John 3:16?

I'm pretty impressed myself.

No comments:

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx