Monday, June 11, 2012

Mingling with the Locals

Recently I have met some Washingtonian crafters that I would really like to share with you.
These women are amazing, and you will soon see why.
They both manage to work, make beautiful creations on the side, and have blogs.
I'm such a wanna be crafter and my attempts are always met with the quick realization that some people were meant to craft and others were meant to buy. I am of the buying cloth.

But Oh how I love supporting the local crafters, don't you?
I have always said when a gift is handmade it is that much more of a "gift"! Don't you agree.

It truly amazes me what people think of to create.
It truly astounds me what people have patience to make.
It truly awakens my inner wanna-be crafty artsy side to see their creations.


I recently purchased this beauty from Colleen. It was for last month's giveaway of which I didn't end up giving away. Nope, I kept it for yours truly. Can you see why. I LOVE IT!
 When you buy something from her shop you are not only guaranteed top quality work, but she also supports a community that helps children with disabilities. "A portion of all of my sales go to help children with disabilities in my community. Read more about the project that I support here: www.bronwynswheelhouse.blogspot.com"

What do you think can I get away with wearing braids at 37 years old? Sidenote- Have you noticed how many more braids are popping up all over because of the movie Hunger Games?
Back to Colleen, she has a shop called BCharmer designs go check it out and tell her I sent you.




Stephanie- I met at the Redmond Farmers Market a while back and right away I was so impressed with the fun and spunky booth she had going on. It was a typical PNW drizzly day and she was so creative to use it as a conversation piece.  On a chalkboard sign she posted the question, "What is your favorite song about the Rain?" Well, remember when I posted a giveaway challenge; here  last month about how many rain songs you could recount? Thanks to you dear readers I was able to tell her quite a few.
You can find her every week at the Redmond Farmers Market and HERE. Please stop by her blog and share some love.




So if you are looking for some fun graduation presents please head over to their sites and support them. You won't regret it.
Make Washington even greener by supporting these lovely ladies.







6 comments:

Alyx said...

What a fun idea - spotlighting local artists/crafters/shop owners/I don't know what to call them.

No(dot dot)el said...

These women made it easy to spotlight. They really do have such amazing art/crafts/shops. I don't know what to call them either ;)

Anne said...

You're never too old to wear braids! Rock 'em girl!

No(dot dot)el said...

Ahh thanks Anne, you just made my night xoxo!

Unknown said...

Hi Noel!

I'm Shar! Your newest follower from the Monday blog hop!

Come visit me over at: http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

GREAT blog, I read your about me and browsed around a bit! Looking forward to more!

xoxo-Shar

Pat @ Green Living Thrifty Frog said...

New follower from the blog hop...happy to be here! Thanks for following mine, too!
Huge green hugs,
Pat

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx