Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thankful Thursday

This thankful thursday morning I am happy to report the flu bug has left the building. 
I managed to escape it's clutches this time, Thank YOU Jesus, but the rest of my (minus Em) family did not. It was a gnarly bug this one and I'm so glad that even though it came on hard, it left fast.

I'm thankful for sisters. My sisters and I group text on a daily basis and sometimes a note from them can change the whole course of my day. It is a relief to know that they are always praying for me and they always have my back. Jenny and Gina are two women in this life that make me feel like I'm the richest woman on planet earth. Not with material possessions, but rich with love and devotion. They remind me that even though my girls might squabble as all teen girls do they eventually will come back around and remember they have a best friend for life. 
Sisters.
I heart them.


I'm thankful that my terrible,  horrible, itchy, scratchy, no good, very annoying, rash is also on it's way out of my life, I hope and pray never to return. It has been lingering for 3 weeks now, and although it was not totally painful it was beyond annoying and bothersome, so I'm glad it's loosing it's strength and leaving me a weakling in it's wake.
I'm thankful for brothers. My brothers Jeremy and Greg are two men in my life that constantly remind me of the JOY that is BOY. Raising two boys, and seeing their friendship develop is really another thing that I'm grateful for. It reminds me of scriptures that say, "There is a friend that sticks closer than a brother" which is in reference to our friendship to Jesus. That means a brothers friendship must be pretty darn close to be closer to us than the Lover of Our Souls. 
Brothers.
I heart them.
And finally, I'm thankful for My Giant. He works faithfully, and consistently to provide for this big family and I am grateful for his leading. I'm thankful for his character and that it is one I can admire and be proud of.
I'm thankful that he knows Jesus, and loves Jesus, and honors Jesus. I'm praying for him with a group of other women who are going through the book The Power of A Praying Wife, by Stormie Omartian.
If you want to join along, I will be posting here my highlights from the book, every Wednesday for the next month. 
What are YOU thankful for this thursday?
Linking up Here;
a punk, a pumpkin and a peanut
The Fontenot Four


6 comments:

Barefoot Hippie Girl said...

I am thankful for my sisters and brothers too, and for the same reasons. We fought a ton growing up (my poor mother) but now that we have space, we are great friends!

Heidi said...

Thankful for health!

LeiShell said...

What beautiful pictures! I am thankful for your blog. It is a breath of fresh air in my blog roll:)

vintage grey said...

Such blessings to be thankful for! The Power of a Praying Wife is such a great book!! Enjoy! xo Heather

No(dot dot)el said...

Thank you ladies. I am thankful for all of you as well ;)

Unknown said...

i love this whole series of fam pics!

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx