Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Christmas Photos √


This past weekend we took family pics for Christmas cards.
The photo above is just a teaser, of my oldest and my youngest who spontaneously wanted to take that picture. 
Melt my heart. 
I have to tell ya, this is not an event that anyone in our family looks forward to. I love the end result, but the getting there, not so much.
Over the years this event(family picture day) has changed quite a bit. I remember when my kids were little I would get all twitter patted over what they would wear, how their hair looked, what My Giant would wear and so on and so forth. 
Now, I'm good if we all get out the door with some what of a theme, clean clothes and if we make it through the event with out any major melt downs.
Do you know what I'm saying?
I have to report that this past Saturday was a success. Thanks to our amazing resident photographer Dana, who made the experience much more enjoyable we now have some new photos of us all together.
If you are still preparing for those Christmas photos this year let me give you some tips.
1. Don't sweat the small stuff.
2. Try to have fun because this will be evident in the final product.
3. And hire a great photographer who exudes joy.

Thank YOU Dana, we appreciate and are grateful for you.

9 comments:

Barefoot Hippie Girl said...

really nice teaser photo.=)

vintage grey said...

A sweet photo!! xo Heather

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Noel! It was my pleasure! :)

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

AWWW they look so grown up :) and love the warmth of picture.

amoryg said...

Beauties!!!! Can't wait to see more!

My advice is to not have any expectations. ;) Then even the only one with the kids looking one way, is great! ;)

No(dot dot)el said...

@ Bernadette, Heather,Erika,A$, and Dana thank you.

LeiShell said...

I love that she captured them naturally. That is my photography to a T! I love real emotions and a real backdrop. Can't wait to see more. And I totally agree...hire someone who loves what they do! It will show!

aimymichelle said...

thats an awesome picture.

Unknown said...

I love that picture. I'm in the twitterpatted phase with Miss Lilly. I can remember my parents trying to come up with creative cutesy ideas. It usually came my mom recieving a Christmas card and trying to 'compete' (or make us look just as cute) as the other card. But I think the best pictures are the candid ones, where there wasn't sooo much thought into it. I'm sure they are beautiful and I can't wait to see them.

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx