Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A New Tattoo

I got a new tattoo last night.
Not many of you know this but, my Giant is a tattoo artist.
All the ink I have came from him except the two crosses on my fingers.
Those are the handy work of "Slick Rick" from Sparks NV.
What a hot dog that guy was.
So the story goes like this, back in 2008 I had saved some money for Mo to get a new tattoo for his father's day present. Upon giving him the money he said, "Why don't I just order a tattoo gun and try to tattoo myself? Worse case scenario is I'll end up with some funny marks and a great story" 
We got a kit for 200 bucks, it came with a DVD, some fake skin, and Mo taught himself how to permanently mark his body with ink. 
Crazy, right?

Right, well my son Solomon is also an artist like his dad. 
When I asked Mo for a new tattoo with the theme "Smile At The Rain" he said, let's have Sol draw it.
So the drawing above is my 11 year olds version of,  Smile At The Rain.
I'd say he's following in those big footsteps wouldn't you?

 
It's funny, I never thought I would be a person that would have tattoos. 
I certainly never imagined my kids would draw up tattoos for me.
I wasn't your rebellious teen who couldn't wait to show her parents that she had a mind of her own so she went out and got a unicorn on her hip.
Nope.
That wasn't me.
But, here I am all inked up by my boys and their creative genius, and I gotta tell ya it makes me smile SO big.
This new art reminds me of that fact that in this life there will be rain,
 but when you learn to smile at those rainy days, you learn the key to a happy life.
It also kinda reminds me of one of favorite musicals.
Today I'm singing in the rain people, and it feels pretty damn good.

15 comments:

sashkonela said...

What a talent! And you, what a strong and fullfilled woman! There`s nothing more in life!

Barefoot Hippie Girl said...

That is a cute tattoo. I will never join you, because I hate needles, but I smile to see your ink.=)

Lulu and Sweet Pea said...

That is SO cute! My husband is a tattooer too & both of my kids are quite the artists as well. I've been thinking of having them draw me up a little something & have it tattooed on me too :) That's awesome.

Heidi said...

I love it! A tattoo by your husband from a drawing by your son. So awesome!!

Breenah said...

That has got to be the sweetest tattoo story. I can't imagine anything better than your child's art for a tattoo.

Unknown said...

Cool! :)

Something Infinitely Interesting said...

that is soo cute!

No(dot dot)el said...

Thank you so much everyone. I will post some pics when I'm all healed up.

vintage grey said...

So cute and how sweet to have something your son drew! Such talent! Love it! xo Heather

Kelly said...

I LOVE that! Smile at those rainy days!!!! I love it and YOU girl!!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It reminds me of Madeline. So beautiful!! I would definitely get a tattoo of my child drawing. That is so beautiful!!

Unknown said...

that is so stinking cute!

The Mommist said...

Very, very cool! You've got pretty some talented men in your family. Like the new ink. Very significant. I like tattoos. I've always wanted one since I was in college. I finally got one early this year. Getting a tat-two before Christmas. :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Noel, I got a minute to myself and decided to read your blog. WOW I love the new look. I love your new tattoo! You're soooo creative! So glad to read you're doing well. I also enjoyed reading your post on being thankful. You're so awesome!

TicoTina said...

this is completely awesome.

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx