Monday, September 24, 2012

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things

I might need to seek some help on this one.
I might be an odd duck.
I might be a rare breed.
I might be a flipida-jibbet(your welcome Joe vs. The Volcano fans)
Call me crazy, but I have favorites when it comes to my dishes, mugs, pots, and pans and even the silverware that I use on a regular basis.
There I said it.
I feel so much better now.
Like a weight has been lifted.
Thank you for being my witness to that HUGE breakthrough.
This confession isn't even something that I have shared with my family, for fear of being cast out into outer darkness. Wait. That's a bit too dramatic even for me. For fear of being stoned to death. NO, no that's way too dramatic.  For fear of them knowing my favorites and then seeking them out before I can. That's the real reason I haven't admitted this to them. 
And you beloved reader,  well you are sworn to secrecy.
 
These are the cast of characters in my life. 
A Mug.
Which of course is swapped out seasonally. Right now it's this one that I bought at the thrift store a while back just in time to be my favorite Fall mug. When Christmas rolls around you better believe I have a favorite for that season. Maybe even two.
A Pot.
Is it possible to be in LOVE with a pot?
 L-O-V-E is what I have for this bright yellow pot.
Another thrift store find, this guy can go in the oven or on the stove and I lovingly call him Mr. Sunshine. Don't you mock me.
A Bowl.
This pretty bowl was given to me from a good friend and it was filled with candies and I just love it. 
I love that friend too. Her name is Jessica.
And lucky for you she blogs about money saving tips, crafts, DIY, parenting, and lots of other amazing things. Please do yourselves a favor and check out her blog,
Mothering With Creativity you won't be disappointed.
A Fork.
I can't really explain why this fork is a favorite it just is.
Does everything need an explanation in life?
Can't you just like a fork just because?
I believe you can.
Ok so, the problem lies when those items are not where they are supposed to be when I go to use them.
This happens quite a bit. 
Have I told you I live with a lot of people?
Well, I do.
13 right now to be exact.
That's a different story for another day, but you will be happy to know that I am learning to share.
It's only taken me almost 38 years to master this character trait, but I think I'm getting there.
Baby steps people. B-A-B-Y Steps.
And now I have to ask you,
Am I a Flibida Jibbit?
Do you have favorites when it comes to kitchen items?
Oh wait, you want to know what I am eating with my favorites these days?
Well, it's another favorite of mine, but in the food department. 
A high quality food item.
It's a food item that has helped many a college student survive the dog days of dorm life.
It's a food item that many a poor lonely soul has clung to for dear life. 
AND
If this food item hasn't crossed your path at one time or another I'm not sure we can be friends.
Top Ramen.
Did you know when Regis Philbin was hosting Who Wants To Be A Millionaire there was a question about Top Ramen and when the contestant gave the right answer, he said "Top Ramen, what's that?" 
I love me some Regis, but that night he went down a few notches in my book.
What about you are you a fan of Ramen noodles?
Covered in Grace

8 comments:

Breenah said...

I definitely have a favorite coffee mug. It might be because it's bigger than all the others.

Cami said...

Cute post :)
I TOTALLY have a favorite mug...it's a circle shape..and I looove it :D

Barefoot Hippie Girl said...

I'm in love with different pots that I have. Especially a brown ware casserole that was my great grandma's. And let me tell you, I am all about the favorite mug thing. Let not someone else use my mug...unless of course a favorite friend from Washington meandered over to MI. Then I'd let me use my mug-if she wanted to.=)

Julie Marie said...

you are hilarious. love you!!

LeiShell said...

I have a favorite mug too. I cannot drink coffee or tea unless I have it. I hope it never breaks because that would surely be a sad day! I sure have eaten every variation of Top Ramen you can imagine (hello, 1 0f 8 children right here!), so I am relieved to say that yes, we can be friends:)

Stephanie said...

First off, I love your yellow pot...love it. And secondly...we all have favorite forks in this family. So funny. Love all your faves.

Dana said...

I think you are afraid to label your favorites out loud for fear that you will jinx them and they will be the next to break. That always happens when you really like them.

Words of Wisdom from Izzy's Ma said...

We ate so much Ramen while 'camping' on the road that it is still called "Meals on Wheels" in my house...and no self-respecting coffee (or hot tea) drinker would deny having a 'favorite' mug or cup. Too many of mine have been broken, luckily by me or I would have had to disown someone. As for flatware, I solved that by using my mom's sterling that was once reserved for only special occasions. Now, as Erma Bombeck has taught me, every day is a special occasion....I also use $5 bars of soap and $50 bottles of perfume. My pots?....we they are MY pots so I love them all. Guess that covers it...except to say "I love you!"

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx