Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Oh, What Can You Do

These are the things I tell myself to keep my sentimental heart from bursting into a thousand pieces never to be okay again.

I tell myself she's only 14. 
That means I have 4 more years.
4 more birthdays.
4 more Christmases.

And really, who leaves home right away when they turn 18 anyway? (You be quiet Auntie Jenny)
Sure, she is  going into High School for the first time, but at least it's not her Senior year, or worse at least she's not heading off to college.

I tell myself that she will have so much fun. 
That she will always be my baby and come running home whenever she needs a hand to hold, or an ear to listen.
I tell myself that even though I can't enter this new planet(High School) with her, the Holy Spirit can and will lead and guide her.
I tell myself that my prayers for a protective bubble are being heard, and will be answered.
I tell myself I have prepared her well.
I tell myself, It's Only High School.
I tell myself it will all be okay.




9 comments:

Heidi said...

oh I am feeling similar anxieties and my oldest is only starting kindergarten this year. I thought it would get easier??

Words of Wisdom from Izzy's Ma said...

These next four years will be both the longest and shortest years of your life.....whhhaaa!!! Me too, I'm floored at how fast she became such a lovely young woman.

N. Rose said...

Oh goodness. I love you and your sentimental heart. Siiiigh.

momto8 said...

my first childs bus for high school left at 7;05...i started waiting for her to come home at 7:06.

Unknown said...

ok, mine IS a senior! :( im sending you a hug (coz i need one too!!)

Unknown said...

very bitter-sweet, I'm sure! Thanks for sharing!

No(dot dot)el said...

And I love you sis! You'll be here before u know it ;)

No(dot dot)el said...

Ha, totally right? Oh man, this growing up business is for the birds!!

No(dot dot)el said...

Air hugs right back at cha girl! How did this happen when I am sure I told her no more birthdays for you ?!!

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx