Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My Resolutions

I have to say that I have been pretty consistent on all of my new year's resolutions except one. People pleasing has been the one that I think I am still struggling with. I know that at times I care way too much about what other people think and other times I could care less. I feel kinda extreme in this behavior. I think it's when I get tired of trying to keep everybody happy I just switch over to this mean, nasty," who gives a care" kind of attitude, and just check out. I want to be healthy and do better in this area of my life and I am trying to painfully reflect on what it is that causes me to care more than I should.

I know for a fact that part of my people pleasing comes from not having enough down time to just be and get rejuvenated by the source of life. Also from not doing the things that make me happy because I feel guilty when I do because there is always more to do for me. This is crap!! Really, it's like some kind of martyr mentality that just annoys me. I don't need to be everything for everybody but then I don't want to go to the extreme opposite and become selfish. Anyway, I know I am not the only one out there who struggles with people pleasing and so I thought I would put it out there and hopefully, prayerfully, I will find the balance in all this and do better. I just one to please an audience of ONE.

No comments:

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx