Sunday, February 17, 2008

Friends

I am so grateful for the friends that I have been given in this lot in life. Friends come in all shapes and sizes, all colors and walks of life, all personalities and tempermants and I am thankful for each and everyone of them.There are those that I have so much in common with it's almost scary. We seem to be reading the same script at times and can go without even saying what we are thinking. We struggle with the same issues and get to rejoice in the same success. They hold a mirror up right in front of my face that I have to reflect upon with the help of thier tender loving care. Then there are also those who I couldn't be more different from and I constantly learn new ways to navigate through life because of the chiseling that they cause. They think different, react different, smell different :) and just march to a different drummer. I learn so much from my friends and they feed my soul. I have really good friends and I don't take that for granted. Today I am thankful for my friends. My life would be so different if they were not in my life. I am glad I am not alone in this life. My life is so much richer, deeper, better because of them. I am thankful for THE friend that sticks closer than any brother or sister. I Know He has given me true earthly treasures in these friendships and I love Him more for that. I love my friends.

3 comments:

laura said...

I am grateful for friends too...I never knew until recently that they would play such an important role in my life... thanks for being one of them!

No(dot dot)el said...

thank you for being one as well.

lost said...

i often think about how nice it would be to be closer, geographically, mentally, emotionally and all the lys inbetween, to my friends. and it's a constant thought of how perfect the world would be if there was more time for them too. i miss you and i really enjoy those two minutes we spend together everytime it happens!

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx