Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Old People

Life is so strange. I wonder if I will ever get to a place where I understand fully this amazing place we get to occupy for a short time.
 I look at 80 year olds with envy. They have a sense of calm and peacefulness about them that I long for. They are no longer working on figuring things out. They seem like they have some things locked into their subconsciousness that helps them to get by.
I wonder if it is knowing how quickly indeed our time is here that helps them to get by with the day to day small stuff. 
I wonder if it's having to say goodbye to that one person they never thought they would be able to live without.
I wonder if it's that they have experienced so much and see with their own eyes, there is nothing new under the sun.
I understand this is not all older people but a great majority that I have known seem to be a bit like this in some way.
It saddens me greatly that now that I am of an age where I could really appreciate my grandparents they are no longer with me. I am remembering to appreciate what I do have still which are my parents. 
A good friend of mine lost her father a few weeks ago and I just think it really is so strange to be at a phase in life where I am worried about how much time I have left with people who gave me life. I don't like this. I wish I could skip this painful part of life , but then I look at all those who have gone before me in this area and see that they have survived. I know I will be okay. I know Jesus will help me but in the mean time I want to cherish the moments, not just in word but indeed, in DEED!!
Life and all it's seasons is strange.

3 comments:

TimmyMac said...

And life in all it's strangeness is seasonal . . . This too shall pass . . . (sigh) . . .

No(dot dot)el said...

Yep, that tis true Tim.
What I want to know is how some seasons go so very quick,(usually the ones you are enjoying) and other seasons seem like they will never end??

TimmyMac said...

I hear ya sistah!

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx