Sunday, March 01, 2009

Life, Laughing, Loving, Crying, and Music

I hate when I don't really have time to really blog. My post have been lame at best in my estimations, (except for my fashion week of course that was just plain fun AND for which I received and awesome prize) and it really does have to do with the fact that my brain is fried. 
When I finally do have the time to sit down and articulate a thought or two they all seem to just run together. This afternoon I still have a few more hours that I need to log into my math course before 11pm but I am taking a break to blog.

I started thinking about the last few weeks and how busy they have been and it has made me realize some things. I like to do a lot of things and have a hard time saying no to myself  until it hits me in the alone time department and then I wonder why I did that to myself again. Does anyone even know what I am saying?
 Basically, I am just saying there are not enough hours in the day and I hate being confined to the 24 that I am given.

This week while driving into to work I thought about my mom and started to get all choked up. I don't think that I could've  possibly appreciated my mom or dad more until I became a mom and realized some things. Anyway, I called her to just say that I loved her and that I am glad she is still on the other end to call and say that to. For those of us who still have our parents, remember there will come a day when they won't be there on the other end so seize the day and call your mom and dad just to tell them you love them.

Today I got really emotional after church thinking about my good friend Natalie and her hubby Chris, and baby V moving so far away. It just really makes me sad. I have been having many conversations to the Lord about this for weeks but alas, I know in my heart they are in good care. I just wish that they could have remained being cared for HERE!! Still, I know that I will keep in touch. There are some friends that just come and go but these are not those kinda friends for me. Natalie is a gem, truly like a little sister and I will miss her greatly. We will see each other when our book gets published though and when we  go on a book tour and so there is that :)

A good friend a while back said that I shouldn't hold back the tears. That a good cry is a good thing. I am feeling that lately when I need to cry the tears are readily available, but when I need to laugh.....I laugh so loud I scare myself and those around me. 

One final thought, they need to make a musical movie like ; Across the Universe, Mama Mia that uses the Cures music- don't ya think??

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so agree with you on this. I called my Mom a few hours ago to tell her I loved her. You are not alone.

shontell said...

I hear ya, friend. When i try to write out all the things I am doing, it seems like not a lot. When i actually live the day, so much of my to-do list gets pushed back another day. Why is that?

No(dot dot)el said...

melissa is that you?
if so i am glad you called your mom because truly just even thinking of the day when she won't be there makes me tear up.
shontell- so much to do so little time to do it and can i just say a HUGE Thank you for all the work you have put in up there in the lower lands of Kidland. You are amazing my friend and deserve a big pat on the back for all your hard work.

Anonymous said...

Yep, it's me! It's Your Decor is my website I made for my business. I am not so good at this blogging stuff though. I need help! LOL

scoeyd said...

I'm waiting for a Queen-based musical

allie said...

i can't wait to laugh out loud at such a volume that people stare at us TOGETHER! BA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx