Monday, April 14, 2014

Spring Break 2014

Today marked the end of Spring Break for our camp and I have to say I'm a tad bit bummed. 
I gotta tell ya, it has been so nice to have the extra time with my Fab 4.  We actually got two weeks for Spring Break this year. Can't I get a Whoop Whoop!!
I enjoy hanging out with my Fab 4 so much. Sometimes I wonder why I share them with the rest of the world, ever?  I suppose it wouldn't be healthy if I did keep them all to myself, like the mom in Tangled.
"Mother knows best listen to your Mumzy!" 
Ha ha, that song just popped into my head right now. 
Scurry. 
(Insert emoticon with a straight face and eyes wide open)
00
-
Before you go calling CPS know that I have in FACT, been sharing my kiddos and plan to continue sharing them, it's just sometimes when I look at them I think that mom in the Disney movie Tangled might have been on to something.
I digress.
For the first part of our Spring Break we traveled to Paradise, CA. where my Aunt Linda and Uncle Gene live.
The above pic was taken from their front porch. I haven't been there in years because it was a bit too far to travel from WA. but from NV it's only about a 3 hour drive and I plan on making it lots more in the future. It was a wonderful time with family and my eldest Spawn even did some recording with her band called 
In Between Simple.
If I knew how to share the songs here believe me, I would but alas... I am just not that tech savy.
I need to figure that out, because I am their biggest fan. 
Gotta promote ya know !
While I was there, I drank out of that mug up there.
It belongs to my Aunt Linda and it was my favorite mug in her cupboard because of the saying on it.
I prayed that prayer the entire time I was there and hope to pray it the rest of my life. 
"Lord help me to see thing through Your eyes!"
I really do wish it was possible to keep that perspective all the time.
So often I get caught up in things that don't really matter. 
Things that in comparison to eternity, the bigger picture, just won't even register on my radar.
Oh, to be always seeing things through the eyes of Jesus.
Speaking of seeing things through Jesus eyes, the tail end of our Spring Break I had the immense pleasure of taking my girls to a Joyce Meyer Conference in Sacramento.
(More on this later)

As long as I live on this planet there will never, ever be a better place for me than in the House of God with all His thousands of kids praising him. I love, love, love to hear the people of God come together and give glory to the King of Kings. 
There truly is nothing greater, except maybe seeing your children praise the King with all their hearts, souls, and minds.


I can't get over how my girls have grown and right before my eyes turned into two of my most favorite young women to hang out with. I love to hear how they think and what their dreams are.
My cup overflows with joy for the memories we were able to make over the past two weeks. 
And as they headed back out into the world today, I thought of how fast the time is flying by.
They only have 59 more days of this school year.
That's just nutts!! 
Why do I torture myself with thoughts like this. 
It's a snowball, one finished Spring Break turns into their Graduation which then turns into a Wedding Day, and so on and so forth.
When they all stepped out of the car this morning...
I might have shed a tear like the day when they first went off to Kindergarden. 
I'm not gonna lie, I think I did.
But, hey I warned you... I'm a sentimental heart.
I can't help myself. 
The important thing to remember is that I didn't lock them in a tower ;)

2 comments:

The Olive Tree Blog said...

Glad you had a great spring break...it is a shame school has to get in the way with family time :) also, I sing that tangled song to my kiddo all the time.

No(dot dot)el said...

@Christina- thank you! I couldn't agree more with ya. LOL about the song... it's a catchy tune, only wish the kids took heed to the lyrics. (hee hee hee)

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx