Wednesday, April 30, 2014

From Entry To Entry


I just recently finished my old journal. 
It's start date was June 16, 2013. 
I don't know if you are the journaling type, Beloved Reader but this girl has journals that date back to the 80's. 
Yeah, I'm old... see post below ©


Here's the thing, whenever I finish one journal I have to, no I am compelled to look back over the old pages and reminisce.
Above all else,
 this heart of mine, is so darn sentimental it's downright mushy overload up in here sometimes.
 
But, this time through this old journal I was reminded of God's faithfulness, and promises to me in the past year.
I felt him remind me that 
From journal entry to entry,
From glory to glory, he is faithful to complete this work He started in my heart long ago.
Instead of getting all weepy and mushy, I was inspired and reminded of this scripture;

"But we all with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror
the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same
image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit."
1 Cor 3:18



The first entry from my old journal was actually on Father's Day last year, and I was bemoaning the fact that Moses wasn't with us. It's hard to have Fathers Day when the Father of the house is 700+ miles away. There were so many things I didn't understand at that moment, why others close to me had lost their Father for good, and still others Fathers had just checked out.
I was grateful that my Giant was only leading a path ahead of us in a move back home to Nevada that was for our good.
Still, my heart was weary with questions, worries, and concerns.
We(me and my Fab4)were in Washington finishing up the school year there, and he(My Giant) had already started working in Nevada.

The reason I wrote a journal entry that day was because I started to feel sad, and overwhelmed at the prospect of moving my family to Nevada all by myself. To say I was a tad bit emotional, would be quite the understatement. I was all over the place as this BIG move was approaching. 
Ya see, a big move wreaks havoc on us sentimental types.

To be quite honest I was having a pity party and I may have had some words in said journal that weren't so nice.
I also may have had some not so nice words written all over our moving boxes that My Giant later read.
Hee hee hee...
Ahem... note to self don't take out your emotions on the boxes that others will later read. 
The point is...

I started to feel very much alone.

I had been packing for weeks all by myself.
I had been going to baseball games by myself.
I had been going to end of the school year parties, all by myself.
I had been saying goodbyes by myself. 
I had been having sleep overs, parties, hikes and a whole long list of to do's by myself.
I had been doing 4 kids, ya know that whole raising a family of 4  thing, by myself for one too many weeks, days, hours, too long.

And at the moment of this entry I was feeling what my friend Louie likes to call, "Whelmed!"
Ya know, so overwhelmed that you can't even muster out saying the whole word.

In that moment God gave me this scripture,

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30

He was reminding me that I was not alone!
He was reminding me that even in this move back to Nevada He had a plan for my life and it was Good.
He was reminding me of His faithfulness, that He would never leave me or forsake me.
He was there in that moment, and I was no longer feeling alone.

And now almost one year later, as I look back over this past year I can see so clearly like in a mirror, that He was doing something so beautiful, so good ... he was filling my tank from 1/2 empty to overflowing.

My only regret, is that I didn't run to Him quicker.

From journal entry to entry, 
From glory to glory...

"You have called me higher, you have called me deeper and I'll go where you will lead me Lord."


4 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Noel! I'm Heather and I was wondering if you could answer a quick question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

shontell said...

Oh loverly. This was good for my soul. When moving is such a possibility on my horizon and I feel myself already slipping into these emotions. God is writing my story. He hasn't stopped actually. Because he is working everything toward his glory. Amen. Thanks for sharing.

No(dot dot)el said...

Hi Heather- Thanks for stopping by. I will write you now. I sure do love questions, hope I have a good answer ;)
Oh Queenie-I'm so proud of you and how you are handling this part of your story. Much better than what I did.

Salad Recipes said...

Good readingg this post

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx