Wednesday, February 03, 2010

LOVE and ?



"There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only LOVE" Don Juan DeMarco

It is a funny way I suppose to begin to describe what love is by quoting such a silly movie but it begins this blog by asking questions. Rather than try to tackle the daunting task of describing LOVE I would instead like to ask some questions about it. I like questions. Questions are good. I wish I asked more questions and thought of better questions at appropriate times. (I wish I had better answers also because I always seem to have a better come back answer long after the conversation is over but that is a topic for another time and also one that Seinfield tackled quite well)
So, I ask What is sacred to you?
Of what is your spirit made?
What is worth living for?
What is worth dying for?

Would you say Don Juan’s answer is true? I would.

I can’t really put into words all that is LOVE. It just is what it is. SO many feelings, actions, emotions all wrapped up into one word.
The bible attempts to say what LOVE does ; Love is patient, Love is kind, etc. but that is only what it does. Its says who LOVE is- God is love. So we have from the book of all books what it does and who it is. Do we really need more than that? I don’t really, but for the sake of this ongoing conversation let’s ask some more questions about LOVE.
If we were to break it down with the four all time questions;
Who?
What?
When?
Where?
Then I suppose we have half the answer from the bible. I suppose the When and the Where is up to us. When do we practice love or feel it lived out in our lives. When do we experience it’s wonderfulness? The bible also says in 1 John 4:12 that when we love each other we have seen the face of God. I really believe that is true. There is nothing quite like seeing love in action. When I do see love in action it is like a “little piece of heaven on earth” (as Tommy Griner said on my wedding day) being acted out right in front of you.
And then I guess that only leaves where does it happen?
Where does it happen most? It’s not what love feels like or what it is to find love in the strangest places that I am asking here but where does it happen for you? That question is different for everyone but for me the where is really wherever I am I see love because I choose to see love more than anything else on earth. I choose to see LOVE.

"Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live"

"Love is not blind it simply enables one to see things others fail to see"

" You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear"

"We cannot do great things on this Earth, only small things with great love." Mother Teresa

"Eventually you will come to understand that love heals everything, and love is all there is." Gary Zukav

Choosing to see Love.
LOVE IS A CHOICE.

1 comment:

No(dot dot)el said...

This blog seemed lonely so I just needed to leave a lil LOVE . I forgot one of my own quotes too so it was good I cam back here. Ha I make myself laugh.

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx