Monday, January 21, 2008

27 Dresses

27 Dresses is a great, clean(as clean as they come these days) chic flick. I took my girlies to go see it on Friday and I was so pleasantly surprised by how cute it was. It also got me thinking of all the weddings I have been in over the years. I made a list and out of the 9 weddings I was in only 4 are still married. 2 were widowed and 3 divorced. The dresses in these weddings ranged from butt-ugly to something I have worn again truly because I really could. That was one of the funnier parts of the movie was how many times the brides would tell their bridesmaids that "the great part about this dress is that you could just shorten it and wear it again" . Then I started to think of my wedding day almost 13 years ago and my poor bridesmaids and what I made them wear. Sorry girls, I am truly really sorry for the hats especially.

9 comments:

laura said...

you made your bridesmaids wear hats?!?! hahaha!
That is cruel.

Jen in Budapest said...

I forgive you.

"The best part about this is that you could wear it again" were actually your words to us too. Never did, Noel. Never did. But it's ok. I forgive you....;0)

No(dot dot)el said...

laura- i know, i know, i apologized alright. i thought they were cute at the time.
jen- thanks and yes, i know i said that which is why that part in the movie made me laugh so hard. it's a keeper this movie you are gonna love it.

Erica said...

hats? I got to see that! Remind me to ask you for a picture the next Mommie and Me ;).
I don't remember saying that but things where a blur..I DOOOO remember that one of my bridesmaid sold her dress on e-bay shortly after the wedding. Ooh well. at least it sold

Jeni said...

I saw the movie on Friday, and you're right. It was totally cute. I have only been IN one wedding and for that I am glad. Not only because of the dress, but because I can totally relate with the feeling of watching everybody around you getting married and being nothing but a bystander.
And while I can't say that the guy I liked fell for my sibling (since it's my brother), I did have the experience of having all of my female friends asking me to hook them up with my brother, while I couldn't get a date to save my life--I imagine the experiences to be similar.

P.S. Please post a picture of the hats that you speak of. Or just bring it on Wednesday. This is a must see...

laura said...

my mom had her bridesmaids wear hats too.
yes, please post. inquiring minds want to know!

TimmyMac said...

Girls' stuff . . . I don't know what to say . . . so I won't say anything . . . but I'll read your blog anyway . . .

No(dot dot)el said...

tee hee hee, you girls are funny and tim thanks for reading and at least letting me know you dropped by.
about posting a pic i don't know how i could do that other than taking a pic of the pic maybe i could figure something out but it probably won't do it justice.

Bean said...

yeah i really haven't reworn any of the dresses i have from weddings; however i still have all of them and did like some of them. i still think your dress was cute i mean it could have been way worse!

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx