Sunday, February 25, 2007

Books, Books, and more Books!!

I just finished reading the book by Rob Bell entitled Sex God and I highly recommend it. I devoured it over the weekend and it is a really good, easy read. By the end of the book I was thinking of all the people I wanted to buy it for , ya know sorta like "Here read this, it will solve all your problems" but seriously, it is that good. It is not at all what you think it will be about and then in a way it is. Very good, I give it 5 ***** out of a possible 5 *****.
Now the other book that I have been working on is Everybody wants to go to Heaven but Nobody wants to die, and I hate to say it but this book is too ADHD for me. It is all over the place and has some good points, but for some reason I am having a hard time finishing it. My positive comments on the book would be to say that it is a very artistic way of two friends who are coping through some very painful deaths in their lives and this was their way of dealing. My not so positive comments would be to say that it is a hyper book. My rating for this one would be 3 *** out of a possible 5***** and that is because I think for the average reader you might get lost and miss the message because of all the creativity going on.


Now, to the real reason I am rating and blogging about books . I have always thought that it would be one of the funnest jobs to rate something. Ya know , like a food critic, or a book critic, or better yet a judge on American Idol(although I would only want to come on board after they have weeded through the people who are certifiably insane) or a dog show judge(course those dog show people, scary). I just think that it would be fun. So this is my attempt at rating books. I am starting my own book rating system here. I will have to post what a 5 ***** book really entails later but for now I just thought I would let you all in on my fun!!

Oh yeah, did I mention that I am currently enrolled in 3 classes right now and you might wonder how I can leisurely read while having so much academic reading going on. Don't ask, cause I won't tell!! It could have something to do with the fact that I haven't got my grades back yet :)

2 comments:

Jen's World said...

You are so cute, Noel. You make me laugh!! I LOVE it. Go on with yourself and rate away!!! I rate you a 5 star sister.

No(dot dot)el said...

thank ya and right back at cha!!

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx