Friday, September 02, 2005

Reasons why I LOVE JESUS


#1 He understands me even when I don't understand myself.

Reading in My Utmost for His Highest today it described the act of Marywho poured fragrant perfume all over Jesus feet as "an extravagant act of devotion"
Mark 14:3-4
This got me thinkin if I have ever shown Jesus in an extravagant way my devotion to him. I really couldn't think of any.
I struggle with issues of Lordship in even the simplest things let alone extravagantly loving Him. This brought me to the number one reason I love Jesus, because He understands. He knows all things even when I don't, when I can't, or even when I choose that I won't ,He is still understanding of me. It comforts me to know that I don't have to understand myself or others or even Him, just continually look to the author and finisher of my faith and then I can breathe easier. He's ok with the fact that I don't often understand the way that He works or how things play out in my life . He is ok with my honesty and He knows me better than I know myself.
I am constantly frustrated by the parallel between the apostle Pauls dilema in his life with Christ and my own,where he states "the things I want to do, I don't,and the things I don't want to do , I do" Romans 7:19 Why is that??
This is so true of my life. When I am truly at my end with me I look to Jesus and
He understands and that is so so so amazing.
His love is amazing(Darrell Evans song) I can't remember all the words but I think this songs describes His love being extravagant, amazing,...
Extravagance in love for Jesus. How does that work? Can I love Him extravagantly like He loves me? Am I capable of this love?
I am glad that He understands . I want to love Him this way. Holy Spirit help me love Jesus the way He deserves to be loved.

4 comments:

AdSenseGuy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Hawker said...

God Bless You. You have said a lot of good things in your commentary that will encourage a lot of people including me. God is a good God. The greatness of God is in the fact that He chooses the people the world thinks are weak and useless. He uses the foolish to confound the wise. God's strength is made perfect in our weakness, hence the thorn in the flesh in 2 Corinthians. God Bless You ALWAYS! Be and stay encouraged! Blessings, Zabad.

digapigmy said...

great stuff, no..el

i am amazed that God even puts up with me sometimes. when it comes down to it i'm pretty much just stubborn, slow learning, and petulent. thank you, God, for loving me. i don't think i'd even be able to put up with myself . . . and thanks for lolita, too, now that i think about it.

shontell said...

Lolita is your savior in other ways. have you thanked her today lol.
no(dot dot)el. you are fantastic. i learn from you everytime you speak. how to be uplifting and edifying, how to be a smart alec with a smile he he, and mostly how to be a better daughter, wife, mom..you know, the important areas :)i am so blessed to have you as a friend.

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx