Wednesday, April 01, 2009

March- Fashion Challenge

The fashion challenge this month from friend Tasha G. was to wear a man's tie. I thought when she first emailed about this that it would be easy but turns out, not so much!!
I also have to admit that I was completely irritated with the stupid thing by the end of the day. It got in the way of everything. I suppose I could have worn one of those fancy pins for it but my honey doesn't own one and all the other pins I had to hold it down just weren't cutting it.
Also, what to wear it with was an issue for me. I had all these great ideas at first and then in the end I just wore Mo's shirt with it. If I didn't have the hat on I would have looked like a waitress. 
Anyway, I did it. It was fun and thankfully I work with people who don't mind if I walk around looking like a buffoon. Pretty much  3,4, and 5 year olds are very easily pleased when it comes to fashion :)

5 comments:

lost said...

YOU ARE THE BEST! i really appreciate your enthusiasm when it comes to the weird things i have to do to entertain myself...you're a great sport! and you look dang cute too!

No(dot dot)el said...

thanks friend. as always like i said it is so much fun to be your friend. you are always getting me thinking about stuff differently.
hey i have been passing out your flyers like mad and might need some more here soon.
some people were really excited and said they would give me their shoes so i will give whatever i get to you next time we see each other.

Jeni said...

I like to wear men's ties as a belt rather than around my neck... Just a suggestion...
And I've also seen people make skirts out of men's ties... I can't sew, so that's out for me, but if somebody was selling them I would probably buy... :)

Jeni said...

P.S. The outfit is super-cute...

David said...

This looks like something Blossom would've worn. Maybe it's the hat.

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx