Wednesday, November 07, 2007

What a whirlwind

Lately life just seems to be going way too fast. I don't know if it's that I am getting older and so then I have something to compare to when life was slow or if my days are so full with fun but I wish I could just stop the clock sometimes. My children are all at such a fun age and it is truly hard for me to phathom that my oldest will be 10 this spring. I am not ready for them to start hitting the double digits, well... maybe I am . All I know is that it just seems like yesterday that I was living in a house in Carson City on Minnesota street and all my days were consumed with is whether Emma had enough to eat, when her next poop was coming and if I got a good night sleep the night before. Now, here I am almost 10 years later and my days are filled with, "Mom did you wash that shirt last night, what are you making for dinner, do we get hot lunch today mom, did you sign my paper, don't forget I have honor choir today, and so on...."
My life is so rich. Sometimes I feel I am the richest woman in the world. There are not enough material treasures to compare to the richness of children. This weekend I actually thought before leaving to go out of town for a few days by myself(well, with a bunch of girlfriends actually) that I was going to miss out on all the fun that the family was going to have. Didn't stop me from going but it was so nice to come home.

4 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

Just wanted to say that I actually put up 2 new posts but the other one ended up a few below because it was a draft and well i am just too lazy to change that now :)

shontell said...

lol. well, did you get a nap when you got home? I did. Ithink it was The Man's way of securing his afternoon fishing trip. Works for me.

No(dot dot)el said...

yes, indeed i got a nap. i also went to bed at like 8p. the house was clean, the kids were happy, it was a great homecoming.

Jen in Budapest said...

that's awesome Noel! Love you sis. I can't believe Emma is going to be 10 either. That is crazy.

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx