Saturday, March 03, 2007

New Identity


Over the past few months I have really been hearing Jesus telling me to remember and never forget that my identity is in Him. To press in and get to know Him better and deeper. He gave me this very cool word picture about the ocean and how if you stay in the shallow end for too long even though you will feel the sand beneath your feet and the coolness of the water you won't see what the oceans deep really has to behold. I believe there are creatures out there that we still haven't even seen. I started to think of the shallow waters of the ocean and how when you stand there long enough you start to see the muck and sea weed and all the impurities that are in the water but if you go deeper the water gets clear and more beautiful. This is what life with Jesus is like . You put your foot in the water and you are cooled, the scenery is breath-taking at first but if you stay there you miss out on what lies beneath. It takes courage I think to go deep sea diving and I think it takes courage to press in to get to know this God that is so massive, so beyond little old me. The funny thing is that this is a interesting picture to give to me because I don't really even care that much for water stuff. I have never been snorkeling or deep sea diving(nor do I plan to) heck, I can't even swim!! All the same I got what He was trying to say to me.
What amazes me still and probably is something that always will amaze me is that after all these years of knowing Jesus there is still so much more to know, feel, learn from Him. My whole life I have been brought up in some sorta church and so I have been hearing about Jesus for 32 years and I know that even in another 32 years there will still be things about Him that will fascinate me. I am so thankful for His presence in my daily life. I am so thankful that from a very young age He has personally drawn upon my heartstrings in ways that only He can. I can't even put into words His love. Truly He is amazing and His love for me baffles me.
So digging deeper, what does that look like for me. I am reading, worshiping, listening, learning from ALL His people, taking time for Him, laying down things and picking some old things back up again and in a sense I feel like I am deep sea diving. Don't know what that feels like and this time going deeper feels different. It's good , it's refreshing, it's a new identity.
"My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God , My Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood
His mercy reigns
Unending Love, Amazing Grace."

3 comments:

Taking Her Place said...

Wow, what you have written here puts into words some of the things that God has been changing me in:

"to press in and get to know Him better and deeper," "from a very young age He has personally drawn upon my heartstrings in ways that only He can," "It's good, it's refreshing, it's a new identity."

And I've never seen or heard the quote at the end, but it is absolutely perfect for where I am today. Thank you. I'm grateful that I came across your blog.

No(dot dot)el said...

cng73- ya know , I almost didn't post this and then after I did post it I came back to take it off, wierd because I usually never second guess my blogs because usually they are light hearted and silly but for some reason this one was unusual. I am truly glad that you decided to leave a comment that it encouraged you because that encourages me.
the quote at the end is from one of my new favorite worship songs and i think it is Chris Tomlin but don't quote me on that :)

Taking Her Place said...

noel - thank you for your reply comment. You seem to have a gift of being an encourager.

I checked on Google and those are lyrics from Chris Tomlin, written for the new movie "Amazing Grace." (http://www.worshiptogether.com/static/amazinggrace.aspx)

If you are interested, my home blog can be found at http://cng73.blogspot.com and is called "A Dreamer of Dreams."

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx