Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Bible

"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

I love this manual for life that we have been given. Sometimes when I open it up to read I know that it is not just alive but it really does know the thoughts and attitudes of my heart. So often I will read exactly what needed to change in my heart for that day. It isn't always what I wanted to hear but it is always what I need to hear. How does a book do this? It's just a book right? :)
If I were to try and explain to someone who hasn't had this experience with the bible yet I would tell them, It's like going to see a psychic or counselor everyday or having someone read your journal and then tell you exactly what you needed to hear from all the emotions that were laid barren in your journal. Something like that. I guess there probably isn't a real way to know what it is like until you are there. Kinda like parenting or being in love. Those are things that even though you could explain them it really doesn't hit home til you are there.
I remember that when I was little we always had bibles around and we never read them(or least I didn't ) but they were there on the self like any other book would be. Little did I know that if I only read with a new perspective and a resceptive heart that book would change my life.
There is a reason this book has been around for so long and is the hottest seller. I am very thankful that in this country I am not put in jail for reading it , instead I can have as many copies laying around my house as I want and read it all day long if I want. I am thankful for that and for the way this book is changing my life.
If I were to rate it .....well.....it's off the charts but a 5***** for sure!!!

No comments:

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx