Friday, October 06, 2006

Hunter and the hunted

Last night after I got home from class I noticed that my cat Hunter was planted in front of fridge ,and he wasn't moving. Hmmm..... I thought well, I wonder if he's hungry, (no just kidding )I knew he was on the prowl for something found not inside the fridge, but probably under or behind it. This cat was named appropriately. He was waiting for that nasty rodent to show it's face. I love my cat. He does such a good job of being the hunter that we hired him for. Okay, back to my story. So fastforward to about 3a.m. in the morning. I wake up from a dead sleep to hear the cat shuffling his paws in and around the bookself that is right outside our bedroom door. Ah man, the mouse made its way out of the kitchen, and is now finding a safe retreat right outside my room. I look over to the giant who is sawing logs, totally unaffected by this game of cat and mouse.How can he sleep when the game that is being played out rather loudly I might add is right outside our room?? Well, as any woman knows you can't just go back to sleep knowing there is a nasty rodent near by so I do what any brave woman would do in this situation and I wake the sleeping Giant. I love my husband. He does such a good job of being the protector that I married him for.He wakes up, and gets in on this game of cat and mouse. He ups the anty for Hunter by moving the bookcase out of the way which then provides the mouse the straight path right into my room and under my bed. Can you say , EEEEEKKKK!! If it were not for the fact that it was 3a.m. in the morning and we had 4 sleeping lil ones I would have been screaming. I did scream but under my pillow and then I had to resort to singing. Why, you might ask? Well, because my wonderful cat decided to EAT his tasty morsel right underneath my bed at 3 AM in the morning(well, it was more like 4AM now) and if I didn't keep singing I could hear every crunch. Can you say, EEEEKKKKK!!! SO , because I couldn't be vocal about this while it was happening I am choosing to share this wonderful story with you all. Hope you enjoy it and sweet dreams tonight.

6 comments:

TimmyMac said...

hmmmmm . . . I'm hungry . . . time for a midnight snack . . . I know . . . I'll have some crunchy rodent cereal . . . sprinkled with chocolate nuggets . . . yummy!

shontell said...

EEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! this makes me shudder!
I don't like cats in my room when I sleep. We used to have a cat that was in love with my butt. weird I know. But weird isnt the word I would use when he would pounce full claws into my sweet cheeks in the middle of my deep sleep. OUCH!! and dh just found it all amusing.

georgia said...

I wish you had a camera to take a photo of him eating the mouse to go with the story. :)

No(dot dot)el said...

yeah, this was so gross. i don't even think i gave it justice of how you could hear every single noise. from now on we will be keeping our door closed when he is on the hunt.

Jen's World said...

Man, that cat has truly lived up to his name and his purpose.....to kill rodents. Although I don't think it was in the contract to munch near you. In fact, I'm sure of it since you hate the mere sound of smacking.....I love you sis. I keep missing you on Skype. Did you see that I tried calling? Love you.

No(dot dot)el said...

jen- really i missed you? bummer!! i will be listening although we are trying to go to bed by no later than 11p. so hard. good though.

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx