Monday, June 10, 2013

Feeling Va Klempt

"I'm feeling a little Va Klempt tonight...
Talk amongst yourselves.
There it passed"

Saturday Night Live: Coffee Talk
(please do yourself a favor and follow that link)

COFFEE TALK...
it's gotta be one of my all time favorite SNL skits,
But seriously, go click that link and see what I'm talking about.

Ok the reason for my Va Klempt state of being is that 
As we are having quite a few "lasts" these past days...

Last Day of School
Last Saturday Market 
Last Baseball games
Last Field Trips
Last Dinner Dates
Last Party with friends
Last Hike in the Woods with family....
Well, all these lasts, or goodbyes, or until next time have got me all choked up.

I can't even begin to put into words how grateful I am to the people we have met, and come to know here in Washington.
The family and friends here have been a support to us that we will never forget.
Anyone who has ever lived somewhere "foreign" can understand the plight of the "foreigner."

We came here having no knowledge of what Slugs felt like.
Not knowing that summer weather doesn't really kick in until July, but once it gets going it's a beauty that has NO comparison.
We have come to know how to handle the mold that grows if you leave ANYTHING out even for a night.
You have embraced our flips flops in winter.
Our lack of rain boots in the spring and umbrellas in plenty in the fall.
You made us feel like one of your own right from the start
(Something, I'm told rarely ever happens here).
And now, to say goodbye just doesn't seem right.
For tonight I will say....
Until we meet again, 
and by again 
I mean next Summer when it's like 100 and hellish HOT in Nevada come find me here in this beautiful 70 degree yellow cabin in the woods ;)
In the mean time you can find me Riding the Ducks tomorrow with my 3rd grader on his field trip.
And I will be singing.......

Hello Seattle
 

I refuse to say Goodbye

3 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

Ok I'm over it!
No. No wait. No I'm not!

Unknown said...

Ok so I've been away from the blogging world but see all your insta photos and truly thought maybe you were just on vacay in Reno. But whoa, you're not. I'm catching myself up now. I'm sad you're not in Seattle anymore, I kinda liked to picture you there. :)

Kelly said...

You moved!!! I haven't been around in SO LONG!!!!!! Goodness gracious!

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx