Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Veteran's Day Tribute



I am sitting here watching the tail end of the CMA awards, and my brain just got thinking about Veteran's Day tomorrow and all things USA.

I am thankful for the day off of work.

I am thankful that I don't have to get up at the butt-crack of dawn to get my daughter off to Jr. High.

But so much more than that I am thankful for the Veteran's out there.

The Veteran that hit's home for me tonight is my Uncle Jimmy featured in the above picture on the left. (Sorry it's a small pic, but it's the only one I could grab in a hurry)

Uncle Jimmy fought in the Vietnam war, one of THE most unappreciated soldier's wars out there. In the midst of so much confusion and in a time when going to serve God and country was what was absolutely excepted of you, my Uncle Jim went to war.

He wasn't happy to go to war , to quote him he said "I am a musician not a mortician". And with that quote I couldn't agree more. War what a tragedy, but my Uncle Jimmy made the best of it. His stories astound me from this time in his life.

I can't speak for him, but I know the time he spent there was a time where he saw things that I know I can't even imagine, let alone even begin to write about.

For this sacrifice I say thank you Uncle Jimmy.

You are amazing.

YOU are inspiring.

You are loved.

You are appreciated.


I wish I could put into words all the love I have for you in my heart, but just know that this niece of yours is thinking of you tomorrow on Veteran's day.

Although to be a Veteran of any war is not a happy thing, to you I say Happy Veteran's day because I am happy you made it through the living hell that we call WAR!

No comments:

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx