Thursday, August 26, 2010

Tid Bits




I have been crocheting up a storm. Mostly just headbands with buttons. It has been a longtime dream of mine and I have attempted several times to learn from different teachers. All to no avail, UNITL... my momma Nash pointed out to me that it was because I was trying to do it with my right hand instead of my left. Total lightbulb moment and now, it is my latest greatest hobby to keep me busy on the grey days. I really enjoy this hobby and it reminds me of both of my grandmothers. I would love to be able to learn how to make more than just headbands with flowers and scarfs but for now, I am happy with that at least.




My daughter went to her open house/ Jr. High/orientation thingy this morning. She got her locker combo. I remember when lockers were a really big deal and my greatest stress in life was not having enough time in between classes to go back and forth between my locker and classes. Sigh.....




My dog has been itching, scratching, and itching some more due to the new climate we live in we now have to worry about things like flea collars and stuff. I remember when I lived somewhere that I didn't even know what a flea collar was nor did I ever have to purchase them for my pets. This reminds me of all the changes that have taken place for us this past year. Adapting to a new place involves much more than just a new zip code.



My other daughter is looking over her shopping list of back to school items that she got from her teacher today. She is making her own list of things she already has and things she still needs. She likes making lists. She is like her mother that way. I love finding her lists all over the house. This reminded me of her list last year that she made for things she wanted to do for her birthday. Her Aunt Jenny loved that list so much she blogged about it.



September 1st is when the FAB 4 all go back to school. 7th, 5th, 3rd, and 1st grade. We are entering a whole new world. Here's to a wonderful summer, a whole new school year, and to Life in general.

What a wonderful world !!

5 comments:

lost said...

i love my headband noel! and i love that you've found something positive to keep yourself occupied...i know you have other positive things...i think it never hurts to add another! wish the kids good luck from me!

No(dot dot)el said...

so glad to hear that you love it, and it fits okay? yes it really is a fun hobby.

Words of Wisdom from Izzy's Ma said...

What a beautiful assortment of your work. You are naturally talented and creative with this new found talent! So amazing that the kids are all in school now. It's hard to believe that much time has elapsed since Isaiah was just a tot. Love you, gorgeous

Jeni said...

Crocheting is a great thing to do when you're watching TV or movies so you don't snack. Okay, what I really meant is it's a great thing for ME to do so I don't snack...

No(dot dot)el said...

Thank you Momma Nash, I couldn't have done it without you. Yeah, Isaiah really is getting so big so fast. Love you 2.

Jeni- it really does help to keep the snacking to a minimum. When you come you will have to teach me what you know.

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx