Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Where to start?? The FORD saga

What a turn of events that has occured in my life in just the last week. I don't even know where to begin.
Maybe I should go back to a week ago today I was enjoying the tail end of the visit with Moses mom Nashelle and we were driving them into Sacremento where thier plane was to fly out the next day. We said our goodbyes and were headed straight for church to drop Mo off to work. We had just left the gas station and were on the road for about 2o minutes when the Ford started to make some funny noises. Moses told be to pull over to the side of the road and it was a good thing that he did because our engine was just about ready to blow up right there on the the freeway. He popped the hood and the kids and I figured no big deal , Mo is such a mechanical genieus we should be on the road in no time. Much to my dismay this was not the case. Someone had forgotten to put oil in the car(the guilty party shall remain anonymous NOEL) and it was bone dry. OUCH!! Well, I thought good thing we caught it in time but now what? Mo had forgotten his cell phone and wallet and I was glad at least that we had my debit card to go get some oil but it would be on foot and we didnt' know how far so Mo suggested(being the wonderful husband that he is) that he go with my card and hope that they didn't i.d. him. So off he went, while we (me and munchins) sat and sat and sat. One half hour later we saw him going down the other side of the freeway. The kids were happy to see him and so was I but I also realized that this meant that he was headed the other way to find a gas station and who knew how far away the closest one was. So we sat, and sat, and sat. About almost 2 hours after seeing Moses a police officer pulled up behind us. With tears in my eyes I rolled down the window and told him our scenario and he said , "Well, I will go find him and we will be back in a bit" Again, we sat and sat and sat and about 45minutes after he left ,Moses and him pulled up with the oil in hand and popped the hood to fix all the problems. Yipee!!!
The engine turned over and was running for about 45 seconds when it slowly died. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
(to be continued)
I promise a happy ending is in sight.


georgia said...

It's never fun when that sort of thing happens, but especially when you have little kids in the car with you!

JayBird said...

quite the bummer. i know someone that won't forget the oil again. :>) it happens to the best of us. we're prayin'.

noel said...

thanks. i feel better now, and God is good. He always is.

Jeni said...

Hey, you didn't warn us that this would be a multi-part story!!!
But I was prayin' for ya'll in the car situation!

P.S. Are you planning on writing about "Bug-a-rama"?

noel said...

yes that will be in the happy ending of this story.

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx