Sunday, February 05, 2017

K.I.S.S.

(PC-Natalie Rose)
KISS- is the acronym for the well known phrase; " Keep it Simple Sweetheart"  or how I have more commonly heard it said;  "Keep it Simple Stupid."
In trying to find the origins of this well known phrase I read on Wiki that it may have started with the Navy. 
(things that make you go hmmm...)
Either way it's a phrase most have heard in their lifetime, and one that is so very applicable to me right now. 

I've also heard it said that when you don't know what to do go back to the basics.
Basic training for the human soul is complex and we never truly graduate and move on from this state of learning and growing to be our true selves, our best selves.
I find myself going back to the basics of what this life is all about. 
As I pause, and look at what is going on in the world around me I have had many moments when I don't know what to do, say, or even think.

It is in this state of unknown that I travel back to what I know to be true.
In my travels back to the basics I wrote this list of reminders for my soul.
For the sake of the conversation we might have here because of these reminders, I included you in my travels. 
So Let's Travel well together beloved reader and do some basic training for our souls.

Here's my list of basic soul training reminders;

Let's work on growing our "acceptance muscles." 
Let's commit to silencing our "attacking ones."
Let's remember we are all "Bozos on The Bus."

"Keep it simple stupid!"

Let's not soon forget that we were all once immigrants in need of a home land.
Let's remember this is only a pause in all of eternity and not our final destination.
We are all still foreigners here.
For those that feel they are the settlers remember not to settle for cruelty.
For those that feel more and more foreign every day remember that 
you are not alone here, and we desperately want to embrace you, but for some embracing seems foreign.

"Keep it simple sweetheart!"

Let's have patience with one another as we work on agreeing to disagree agreeably.
Let's not choose sides of this race, but rather remember we are all part of the human race.
Let's be diligent to teach our children that; "Perfect love casts out all fear"

"Keep it simple stupid!"


Turn off the TV, Computer, Phone, and engage in this beautiful life we get to live.
Breathe in deep.
Breathe out deep. 
Sigh and moan if necessary.
Hold a baby and smell them.
Really smell them.
Smell their smile.
Smell their fuzzy head.
Smell their sense of wonder.
Smell their stinky diaper and then change it.

"Keep it simple sweetheart!"

Let's remember that we all started there.
Let's go back(metaphorically speaking) to when we were a foreigner in our mother's womb.
Let's be born again to that place of wonder.
Let's try to imagine the world we all want.
Let's remember we only get to borrow it for a bit.
Let's recognize that it looks quite similar and actually even almost the same if we look with a magnifying glass.
 Let's ask the questions and truly listen to the answer.
Let's have enough creativity, and courage to embrace this beautiful life with all the colors, and sounds, and smells.
 

2 comments:

Jen(M)Simmons said...

hahaha, I just love you sis. Great reminders. <3 You make me laugh....Smell a baby......smell their stinky diaper and then change it...hahaha Love you sis so much! xoxoxo

No(dot dot)el said...

Thanks sis!! I LOVE YOU xo and all the babies even ones with stinky diapers !!

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx