Sunday, January 13, 2019

New Years Word 2019




At the beginning of every year I pray for a word that will bring me back to a theme if you will, for all of the new, fresh days ahead. 

This will be the 8th year of "New Year Words"  for me, and it's hard to believe that over these past years of words that center me all year, how truly prophetic they have become. 

In years past, the word usually has been something brewing in my heart for some time, and some years the word comes out of no where.
This year the words I kept thinking about started with RE-
Re-new
Re-store
Re-awaken
Re-pent
Re-pair
Re-vive
Re-generate
And finally I came upon the word that encompasses them all 

REJUVENATE

When I looked up the definition of this word which is the first thing I do when I'm given my new years word, it had this phrase;

"To BREATHE new life into"

Last year my word was BREATHE and true to form this word served me oh so well.

There were so many moments in 2018 that like a mantra I would tell myself to just "breathe" when life tried to take my breathe away.
I'm sad to see this word go because like I've said before these words become like a friend to me over the course of 365 days.
Still, it is time to move forward and take what I can from the moments that my breathe and the Holy Spirit that is breathe, centered me last year.

As 
I walk into 2019 knowing that there are some things in my life that I need to "Breathe new life into" I think about what needs to be rejuvenated in my heart so it doesn't begin to harden.

My grandmother used to say, 
"If today you hear his voice, harden not your heart."
Of course to truly repeat these words as she would say them so often, it must be said with an east coast accent with emphasis on HEART.

One of the main areas of my heart that I want some rejuvenation to appear is that of my walk with God.
I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that as I look to him to rejuvenate my dreams, my hopes, my health, and so many other areas of my life he will be faithful.
 
For far too long I have walked in worry and anxiety
when peace and serenity are what he offers me.
I've walked in doubt and fear when
faith and hope are what he freely gives.

I've walked this path of faith and salvation for many years now, but there are times in this faith walk when my step has been either a tad bit behind or ahead of him. 
My hearts cry today is that I will once again hold his hand in faith and trust what he has for me. 
That the areas of my heart and my life will be once again rejuvenated by his presence and love. 
I desperately want a steadfast spirit in the days ahead.

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation And sustain me with a willing spirit."
   Psalm 51:10-12

Today, I'm sitting here on this Sunny Sunday morning here in Reno Nevada and my heart is filled with so much joy.
Because although, I'm not always in step with him in an instant that all can change. 
There is joy once again.
Joy that doesn't pass away with the cruel, harsh winds of life.
Joy that is the underlying current of my heart.
Joy that isn't affected by how much is in my bank account or my closet.
Joy that doesn't leave me even though two of my four are no longer under my roof. 
Joy from knowing my source of rejuvenation will never leave me or forsake me.
 
Joy in my salvation.

I want my heart to stay full of love and all the fruits that come by way of hanging out with the lover of my soul.
 
"Surprise us with love at daybreak; 
then we'll skip and dance all the day long... 
Let you servants see what you're best at-
the ways you rule and bless your children.
And let the loveliness of our Lord, our God, rest on us, 
confirming the work that we do. 
Oh, YES.
Affirm the work that we do!"
Psalm 90:14-17

So cheers to this new year and this new word.
 Let there be rejuvenation of all the areas in life that would otherwise lie dormant and become stale.
Here's to new beginnings and getting in step with my creator once again.


8 comments:

التميز المثالي للخدمات المنزلية said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
التميز المثالي للخدمات المنزلية said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
التميز المثالي للخدمات المنزلية said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
التميز المثالي للخدمات المنزلية said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
التميز المثالي للخدمات المنزلية said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
التميز المثالي للخدمات المنزلية said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
التميز المثالي للخدمات المنزلية said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
التميز المثالي للخدمات المنزلية said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx