Thursday, April 30, 2020

Hear Ye Hear Ye ... this is for the Momma's and Poppa's

Good morning my "fellow shut-ins" and "stay at home" momma's and poppa's. 
It's crazy to think that we are all stay at homers now, remember when there was that dumb thing we did as parents re: who was a working mom vs. stay at home mom?

Can we ALL agree if you are a mom or a dad you ARE working. FULL STOP.

Also,  I want you to hear me when I say, this is NOT what it was like when I stayed home with 4 kids 6 and under.

We were not under quarantine.
We met with friends on a daily basis. 
We went to the dollar store without masks on as treat for doing chores, and I got to feel like Oprah for  a minute when I told my kids they could buy anything in the whole store just for fun!!

We went to parks, playdates, etc. and had a shift in our day when Moses came home from his day outside the house. 

I do have somewhat of a comparison to this time, in that 9/11/2001 happened while I was pregnant with Solomon, and home with a 3 yr old and 1 yr old,  Emma and Chloe. 

That was a stressful, emotional time to be a parent similar to this, but NOT the same. 

I didn't have to explain to my kids why they couldn't hug grandma and grandpa.
I didn't have to tell them that school was closed, and they might not ever go back, at least to school the way it was before Covid 19.
I was not trying to juggle working from home, while working with and parenting my children too. 

Sidenote- When I was a stay at home mom of 4 kids 6 and under, I had a part time job in the evenings when Moses would get home from work at a Psych and Detox facility answering the suicide hotline and I would tell Moses... "Ok, bye babe I'm going on my break now !" 

Because, going to work even at a Psych and detox facility was easier and felt like a break from staying at home with 4 littles. 

(I hope that makes you all feel a little better and also that you truly just LOL'd)

I say all of this to say, that I feel your pain right now. . .

AND

 I want you to know that there is a reason why those of us who didn't choose to home school our children did so... (insert wide eyed emoticon).
SO I just want to encourage all the parents right now that have littles, and bigs...
GIVE YOURSELVES ALOT OF GRACE and SELF LOVE RIGHT NOW!
You are doing a great job. FULL STOP. 
No matter what your stay at home situation looks like ... you are awesome and need to give yourself a pat on the back.
Remember to take deep breaths and to put some music on and dance it out!
If you and your children are having more melt downs it's ok.
If you are having more blow ups it's ok.
If you are feeling alone, you're NOT alone. 
If you've become friends with the mail carrier that's ok too.

If you keep seeing all the posts of parents who are seemingly hitting the ball out of the park, so to speak, just know ... that ball is hitting them in the face on some days they just aren't posting those moments on social media. 

Alright, now pull up those boot straps and know that 

YOU
ARE
ALL 
KINDS
OF 
AWESOME!!

No comments:

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx